Story Planning Method! (BEST)

Hey fellow Episodedians! I’ve decided to share my story planning method. It’s super helpful for me and I hope it is for you as well.

First you’d start out with your notes app on your phone, writing as much notes as possible on what will happen in your story throughout the chapters! It doesn’t have to be very detailed on this part. (I wrote 20 episodes in notes before I even touched the portal.) Anytime you think of an idea on what you wish to happen next, you’d simply open up for phone and jot it down. (This helps when you have writer’s block, simply go about your day and when an idea sparks, you know it’s time to quickly write the idea down on your phone notes app!)

—————————————————————————————————————

Next, you’d open up google docs and make a table like so. You’d put the notes from the episode on the right and on the left you would write your dialogue based on the notes that you’ve written. (Here you go in detail.) Remember to write your dialogue in episode format with the scene as the background you will use, so when you’ve finished writing out the episode, all you would need is to copy and paste it to your writers portal and direct from there!

One of the best perks of this method is when you want to go back and re-read an episode or to double check anything at all, you can just easily go back to your google docs and read through all your episodes quickly and easy!

You would end up having your whole story written out in google docs, so if you ever want to go revamp, or upgrade grammar you can easily do this here! I also plan to use this to make my story for detailed and explicit for other writing apps like Wattpad.

Remember, good planning leads to an AMAZING story! PLAN PLAN PLAN!

My insta is @auri.episode, if you have any questions or concerns, I’d be glad to help you out, or just PM me here!

15 Likes

This looks really helpful, I’ll definitely try it

1 Like

I hope it helps :]

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.