Taylor Swift's New Album "Folklore"

I’ve only listened to a few songs (peace, cardigan, exile, and hoax I think)
edit: I also listened to Mad Woman, I think that’s all

The music seems really peaceful, kinda sleepy. I love it.
It’s also her first album to be officially classed as alternative (instead of pop/country) so that’s interesting.

I will say though, some of my favorite songs are her more poppy/exciting ones (I love Paper Rings and Cruel Summer) and I do love her less less “happy” songs (I also love getaway car) but idk,
I feel like i’d only listen to it when I’m in a sadboi hours mood. There’s nothing wrong with that of course, but none of the songs really feel like i could yell the lyrics in the car having a good time, y’know?

But I have to say, the lyrics are amazing, a really good example of how music is a form of poetry :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

My family will probably kill me based on how many times I’ve replayed them all

2 Likes

I also love Paper Rings and I also love It’s nice to have a friend it’s actually the first song I’ve had on repeat for a week when Lover first came out it was like my top 1 on the album, also love getaway car

2 Likes

Yessss! If the next album after folklore has a sunrise or sunset vibe, I’ll loose my mind… :heartpulse::see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I will say there are certain times or moods for certain songs, for me I wouldn’t listen to Paper Rings every day cuz I need to be extremely happy or just like in the mood to stand up and dance to it and vibe with it and also sing along with it, so if I’m sad I won’t listen to it

1 Like

What has been y’all’s favorite album by Taylor so far?

2 Likes

wow we have all of the same favourites ahah!
i’d say that paper rings and getaway car are in my top five for their albums! :star_struck:

2 Likes

1 Like

i’d have to say 1989. i grew up listening to that in the car :sob:

2 Likes

Yeah, I think I’d have to go with Red. I was obsessed with it lol

1 Like

My top 3 albums before Folklore came out were Reputation and 1989 and Lover

2 Likes

treacherous is still one of my favourites! :pleading_face:

1 Like

Now after I listen to folklore more maybe my top 3 albums list will change

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m going to listen to it over and over again and hope that I enjoy it some more.

1 Like

I feel that I will like folklore even more if I listened to it on a rainy day while I’m in the car alone driving by myself but I still can’t drive :skull:

1 Like

same

1 Like

I love that she just… put it out. I thought of her decade speech when she said ‘I’m doing less of what the say I can’t and more of whatever I want.’ I feel like this album is her just expressing creativity and not worrying about awards or recognition. I have a handful of favorites already (the 1, invisible string, cardigan) but I can’t wait to keep listening!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.