Things I barely see in stories!

More normalization of physical disabilities and Autism, me having both.

4 Likes

For sure this is something that needs to be addressed! There is a story called Penny for your Thoughts where one of the main characters has Tourette’s

Sophie Alice’s story The Boy Next Door has an Aspie MC, which I was so happy about

1 Like

ooo yes!!! I haven’t seen that story before, what’s it about? x

2 Likes

Ahhh looks interesting! I will have to take a look at it x :smile:

Sophie herself is an Aspie, so she knows what she’s talking about.

1 Like

We rarely see the mc as like in their 60s older women who can play everyone is young either in high school or college or in a workplace but what about elders or seniors. Who can play as.

They deserve a story too🥺

2 Likes

They do! Someone said that they were going to write a story about a group of grandmas going on vacation together, and I just love that idea! It would literally be so much fun playing as a grandma living her best life. Or even just as an elder going wild in a nursing home (and solving an old mystery perhaps?). The possibilities are endless.

2 Likes

I know right so much endlessly ideas

I think the one for grandma going on vacation is doing the squad contest :smirk:

2 Likes

I’ll definitely be giving that story a read when it comes out! I’m excited :joy:

2 Likes

Curmudgeon and sequel is about Ernest, an old, grumpy man. They’re by Kate Island. You should check them out. Hilarious :smiley:

3 Likes

This is what the majority of Episode readers want though. They prefer the same stuff a lot of the time, and don’t welcome originality that much. That’s usually the way it is with Interactive story games. It’s easier for a lot of the story tellers to create and write a story on Episode, as its more an Interactive game that sticks to the same sort of theme, unlike a real printed book where proper sentence-constructing and originality is moreso desired. All you need really in Episode, is good lavish polished professional covers, stick with the same theme stories and ideas, cos that’s what’s popular in Episode, and pay for promoting teams to get your story more exposure, like most of the “big” Episode story tellers do.

2 Likes

Yes that’s very true, but more people are starting to take a stand against featured stories and other people are (actually lots) are writing original stories that are great.
But yes, I agree with you completely, you make some really great points!!

1 Like

They look quite interesting, I will check it out!! xxx

1 Like

Yes you’re right. I’ve read some amazing original stories, but majority of readers don’t want originality. You have to write what the readers want, like the “big” authors do. Majority of those authors have no originality whatsoever.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s honestly really sad… Thanks for bringing this up! xx

1 Like

I’m also a fan of using present tense when it comes to Episode. All my stories use present tense because I see it as a story happening as we see it, not someone telling a story that happened. Since I’m revamping my stories, I’ve decided to cut out all narration and try to do as much as possible with animations/directing.

1 Like

Yess, you go, girl!! And that’s great that you are re-vamping everything! Good luck with it :grin:

1 Like