Thoughts on parents checking phones?

Very true, as long as they ask first. Not if they just take it but if they have a comfortable relationship with their child they won’t have to worry about going through their phone as they would probably come to them with whatever is in their life.

5 Likes

i agree with everyone saying its an invasion of privacy!! i think there is never a good enough reason for parents to go through a kids phone. taking their phone away and going through it are 2 different things. tbh i appreciate to an extent when it’s being taken away for a couple of hours because i am forced to be productive or actually go outside lol. but when its looked through it makes me anxious for no reason and in my opinion it creates a terrible relationship between the parents and their kid. strict parents suck because they don’t teach kids whats right and wrong they just teach kids how to do wrong things and hide it well. the only situation i think it would ever be ok to go through a kids phone is if they were doing genuinely concerning things on social media or illegal things. moral of the story don’t take your kids phone and look through it!!! i promise you whatever bad thing you may think your child is doing does not even compare the some of the things other kids at their school do.

8 Likes

Exactly. They should also just ask if they’re worried anything is going on. Like FFS, you’re going to completely bypass communication and teach them this type of behavior is OK? :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Totally agree! That an extremely big invasion of privacy and it’s unnecessary :roll_eyes:
My mum tried to do this asking me if I got any nice photo and try to my phone but I took my phone and gave a look to tell she isn’t do that again, and I’m pretty sure she knows not to do it again!

3 Likes

LITERALLY MY WHOLE CLASS SDHDHHA :sob: :sob:

2 Likes

If my mum tried to go through my photos all she would find is screenshots from episode or stuff for school. :joy:

4 Likes

The probably has photos of girls in lingeries and bikinis or something more worser :flushed: :grimacing:

2 Likes

Same! All my mum would find is tons and tons screenshots from Episode :joy:
That’s why I don’t allow my mum to look through my photos!

3 Likes

Same, my mum would only find pics and screenshots of my cat, episode, school stuff and memes from my brother. :thinking: :joy:

3 Likes

Same! All I have is pictures of my puppy doing cute things, my family, episode tricks for coding and stuff and art screenshots for references :woman_shrugging:t4:

5 Likes

tbh i remember once like a long time ago boys from my class, were like showing pics (you can imagine what kind of pics :see_no_evil:) that they found somewhere and they were asking us girl if we know what it is, like… :see_no_evil: :flushed: :joy:

3 Likes

I would f*cking punch them in the face if they did that in front of me!

4 Likes

Well if I’m not close, I’m guessing they probably watch p**n vidoes on their phones insteadof looking at photos of girls wearing lingeries or bikins

2 Likes

…bingo.

2 Likes

Ok thanks for telling me!

Omg short people club!! I am 5,1.

4 Likes

How’s the air up there? :sob: good?

3 Likes

Yep, I knew it! They probably even look photos of girls in inappropriate clothing, instead of wearing lingeries and bikinis or have photos of women in inappropriate clothingin their phone gallery.

4 Likes

No I’m to short to even feel the breeze :joy: :sob:

3 Likes

:joy: :joy: Lol! Well I’m the last one to know when it rains–my 9 year old 4’9 sister told me so

3 Likes