Trouble with customization. Help,please!(

Hey, guys! I’m a beginner and I’m still trying to understand directing :sweat_smile:
I know I have a stupid question, but I can’t find a solution to the problem for a week.
I wanted to add full customization to the story with the help of dara amarie’s template. And according to the instructions, I need to highlight MALEAVATAR and press Ctrl+F on my keyboard. But as you can see there is no small grey box popping up in the corner, only this arrow instead of the name.

I’ll be very grateful for your help!!! :pleading_face:

1 Like

Do you work on a Mac, perhaps? :thinking:

1 Like

Do u have a mac?? or a diffrent computer

1 Like

No, usual windows(

1 Like

Sorry if this sounds dumb :sweat_smile: , but did you press the keys: | Ctrl | - | + | - | F | ?
Because you’re supposed to press Ctrl and while that you press F.

1 Like

Yeah, I did and again this small arrow without box :sob:

Try highlighting the character in a different spot maybe :thinking:

1 Like

Do you get this box when you highlight a character’s name and press Ctrl+F ?

1 Like

Unfortunately, It couldn’t help too((( Anyway, thanks for helping!

You can also try that in a word document first :slight_smile: And then copy it into your script.

1 Like

No, It is the main roblem - I did everythig that was in the the instructions, but this box doesn’t pop up(((

That’s really weird. I’m not much of a computer whizz but I’d be happy to just change the names on my computer for you and send it through PM if you’d like?
That way you could just copy and paste it? :blob_hearts:

1 Like

Ohhh, tysm!!! You don’t have to :pleading_face: I just wanted to make this coding faster with the template. I can change names myself :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s no problem really! I thought it might be quicker instead of changing each name individually by yourself.
I’d be happy to help.

I also find that word doesn’t have the CTRL+F feature on my laptop but google docs works for me. x

1 Like

That’s what I do :rofl:

1 Like

Wait, can you tell me how do you want to change names? I just have sooo many characters and it’ll be hard If I send templates to you every time. If I learn this thing from you, It’ll be great!

sure!

just go to google and search up google docs. click on the second link and it should take you to something that looks similar to word.
Copy and paste your template and then go to edit at the top and it press on the last option Find and Replace

you should get this:

just put the word you want to replace e.g. MALEAVATAR where i’ve put snow and the new word you want beneath it, where I’ve put Jim.
select replace all and you’re done x

1 Like

OMG! U r my savior!!! Tysm again! :scream_cat: :heart:

1 Like

no worries :blob_hearts:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.