What Device Do You Recommend For Drawing?

Hey all!

I need some opinions from all of you talented digital artists out there!
I’ve been thinking for a while about getting an iPad for drawing so I can draw on a bigger scale and start doing commissions. But I’m not sure what the best device would be!!

My laptop is a piece of :poop: so I’d also like if the iPad/tablet could double as a coding device as well (is there an attachable keyboard?) buttttt my main purpose right now is for drawing. I also need a decent amount of storage since I’m a …ahem

Picture hoarder.

What are your suggestions? I’m more comfortable with Apple products but I’m open to anything! What do you recommend and are there devices you DON’T recommend???

8 Likes

It’s my phone I mostly use for drawing cos it’s just way more convenient and easier to me, so yeah, Tho I also use my macbook sometimes basically b’cuz the screen is even larger than that of an ipad or tablet. It’s your own choice anyways :))

1 Like

Yeah I use my phone right now and it certainly is more convenient. I just need something to draw on a larger scale. I think it could help make my drawings even better.
Trying to research all the different options massively confuses me and then I really have no idea what to do :joy::sob::sob:

2 Likes

i wouldn’t consider myself a full blown artist but when i draw i just use my phone, i find it the best out of anything (i’ve tried the ipad pro and laptops)

1 Like

Thanks for your input :blush:
My phone works for now, I just really need a larger screen lol

1 Like

okay, then i would consider getting an ipad, they work the same but for some reason since the screen is bigger i feel like it’s more work lmao :joy:

1 Like

I personally prefer using a computer and drawing tablet even though my computer too isn’t the best. But! I used to draw on my kindle fire all the time when I was younger with a touch-nibbed pen and it was pretty nice to work with. Definitely more convenient As for programs, I’d highly suggest Autodesk Sketchbook for either the computer or mobile device. It’s free and has a lot of good brushes and such!

I’d say it comes to your preference, for your situation it sounds like a good idea to get an ipad if you have the money to.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Lol it does feel that way sometimes!

1 Like

Thank you!!
I’m leaning more towards just an iPad. They’re pretty pricey (it’d be worth it for me because I have other uses for it) but my fiancé also mentioned that some could have an attached keyboard to it. But I’m just not very knowledgeable about all the different devices so I need everyone’s advice and personal opinions lol

1 Like

Any iPad Air and up would be a good investment with at least 64/128 GB. Especially when you pair it with the Apple Pencil, it’s a power couple. :relieved:

Some models are able to be paired with a keyboard and I believe that information is on the Apple website.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the info!! I’ll check those out :blush:

1 Like

Ipad pro, 11 inch.

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion! :blush:

1 Like

No problem. :wink: :sparkles:

1 Like

I personally use my ipad, but a lot of people use there phones!

1 Like

What kind/size do you have?
I also use my phone right now. It’s fine for my editing, outline contests and tracing characters. I’d just like a bigger screen (to kind of represent paper - size wise) to draw freehand images for commissions. Plus if I can double it as a laptop that’d be nice since mine is sooooo slow :sob::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Idk even know what size this is​:joy:. Roughly, it’s 6 by 10 inches maybe? I can’t give you an exact answer :joy:

1 Like

I have an iPhone 8 Plus, which is really big for an iPhone which makes it an easier surface for me to use. I haven’t tried any other devices for drawing, but I think with some practice and experience an iPhone can work just as well or even better than a larger tablet

But that is just my opinion

1 Like

I use an iPad for my work✨

1 Like

lol that’s okay! Thank you :blush:

1 Like