When did you join Episode Forums?

I have been on the forums before, but I started this account on March 16

July 23rd, 2018

youā€™re right

1 Like

i joined july 23rd of 2018, but iā€™ve had episode since ink came out. i canā€™t remember the exact year though, but then in may of 2018 i joined the episode community and started making art and writing a bit. then a few months passed, i had gained a small following but i was on and off because school had started.

i eventually quit making art in general. i also worked on about 15 stories, all of which never made it past episode one. maintaining an episode account, writing a story, making friends, dealing with the drama and trying to come up with art is exhausting and so time consuming. iā€™ll never put in as much time and effort as i used to, but iā€™m starting to write again. maybe even art, but iā€™m doing it for myself and not other people.

the episode team also doesnā€™t really listen to their communityā€™s thoughts very often or take them into consideration, no shade but that is how i remember it. thereā€™s also ALWAYS some type of scandal going on, whether itā€™s with backgrounds, stolen art or some wack shit. it gets to be too much, and i kept having to deal with talented artists and writers leaving, so i just left too.

sorry for writing so much lmao

It could be hard for episode staff to keep up. The episode community has grown so much over the years. There are millions of users. I havenā€™t really interacted with the episode community online so I donā€™t know much of their problems. What scandals have happened? :thinking:

1 Like

I joined the episode forums because I was trying to report a story :joy: And I came up with a random username

1 Like

Haha I canā€™t recall all of it, but I can remember some.

I remember that one day, they wouldnā€™t allow Episode background creators/editors to have Google docs with their edited backgrounds. That sparked a lot of controversy, and then there was the time that they copied someoneā€™s plot. I think that it was about princess pregnancy or something. Ah yes, canā€™t forget the time they made a story where they violated their own guidelines. ā€œIn my Bedā€ I think it was called, it was comical, really. People read it and just thought it had to be a joke based off of the wack ass plot and weird dialogue.

Then, I remember when they said that they were gonna stop editing ink despite that being the majority favourite. Yes, I now understand that it more than likely had something to do with outdated coding, but that was still controversial at the time. People would constantly flood the comments with ā€œUPDATE INKā€ or something.

The whole app is sort of a mess, which is why I took a break for a couple months. On top of the fact that I was drowning in school work, but still. Itā€™s exhausting having to keep up with everything thatā€™s going on, but I always end up coming back anyways.

no shade lol pls dont suspend me

1 Like

I donā€™t mean just episode team related scandals, I mean the ones in the community on Instagram. There was literally always someone saying racist shit or stealing art and it was honestly so draining to be apart of.

1 Like

I stopped following people from episode on Instagram because the online community could be overwhelming. And I realized many accounts were made by younger children. There was no point in arguing because they would just say stuff to get a reaction. And some episode readers were bossy and demanded authors to update sooner. Meila Summers was an author on episode who said she was leaving the community after she finished one of her popular stories because she did not like the community at all. Now sheā€™s writing on another site.

1 Like

Itā€™s honestly so disappointing when talented authors leave because of the community or something stupid like that. Youā€™re right, it is mostly younger children that pressure the author to publish new episodes. Episode attracts mostly young readers, which is why I only write for myself and friends now. Writing is honestly so therapeutic, but having to be pressured to update constantly and episode guidelines donā€™t appeal to me very much.

1 Like

Apparently itā€™s good for promoting your story!

I joined the forums on March 27, 2017. I started playing episode around December 2016. I spent most of my time in directing help and art resource. I was in the process of creating my 1st story. Back in 2017 the forums were very active. Iā€™ve meet most of my closest friends on the fourms.

Then I took a long hiatus from the forums and became apart of the Instagram community. To me it was easier to find more people around my age group on Instagram. I also joined a few Facebook groups. Still the episode community is more active on Instagram in my opinion.

1 Like

This is exactly why I deleted it lol, I get sucked in and canā€™t get out.

1 Like

Yea, Iā€™m always on Instagram. :joy: Itā€™s real useful for promoting a story.

1 Like

I joined March 22 2018

I joined June 30th, 2018! So Iā€™ve been here for a while, most active in 2019. I had been reading since 2017 I think?? If not then, then early 2018 :mind_blown: :exploding_head:

August 17, 2019. Iā€™m very active on here. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.