Would you be interested in a story prompt shop?

By shop I mean a literal shop online like Gumroad :computer:

I just have SOO many story ideas and I can’t possibly write all of them in a single lifetime lol. So I thought why not help others and monetize it? :woman_shrugging:t3:

I imagine it to be separated in genres (like romance, fantasy etc.) and maybe subgenres (like high school, enemies to lovers etc.) to make it easier to choose.
Then you can see short descriptions (like the ones on the app). Now I’m thinking about how much to reveal before purchasing. On the one hand the writer should know what they’re buying but on the other hand I really don’t want people to just steal my ideas without paying. That’s like the whole point of having a shop…
But also even a short (like 180 characters) synopsis can get stolen so people could just browse through my shop and copy the idea without paying…

If anyone has experience (or suggestions) regarding selling texts like that, please dm me or comment below :pray:t3:

Other than that please answer the questions below and feel free to share your thoughts in the comments :hugs:

So, assuming you wanted to buy a prompt…

• I’d have to see the full prompt before buying
  • I don’t care as long as the genre/theme is right
  • A short preview would be good
0 voters

What type of prompts would you be interested in?
The prices might change in the actual shop but just so you get the idea.

• Short story synopsis ($3-5)
  • Full prompt with character descriptions ($10-15)
  • Full story plan with characters, chapters and fully written 3 episodes ($20-30)
  • Custom story plan ($40-60)
0 voters

Would you personally consider purchasing from this shop?

• Absolutely!
  • Maybe some day, when I run out of ideas
  • No, I prefer creating on my own
0 voters

Bump