Venting to you guys

Hey. I came to communicate something that really irritates me, and certainly other people, here in the community. It’s not pleasant when you post asking for someone’s favor to do an art cover/scene, whether edited or in any other style, and someone offers. And then you’re quite happy, and you start talking to the person in question about how you want it and giving them the details. You’re so excited that you simply don’t care how long it takes for the person to make it and deliver it, respectively. But after a few days the person starts to make excuses saying they have a lot of work, and I understand perfectly, but then they just stop responding. This may seem rude, but it really interferes. I already have the first three episodes ready and I wanted to publish them, and for that I needed the cover, but I didn’t care much, it doesn’t matter that much. The problem is that it’s been months and the person hasn’t told me ANYTHING. And I’ve been waiting, declining a lot of offers from other people, but now I think I’m going to start accepting… Don’t hate me.

16 Likes

I completely understand what you are saying. I used to have a number one artist and she disappeared. I understand like you said needing time and have responsibilities but that artist or whomever owes you to at least say “hey I’m sorry I can’t do your art, got something going on” I’ve been ghosted before too. I agree, it’s rude and not professional on their part. Again, I can understand if something terrible has happened but to not say anything to the people you had committed to prior? Is not right. One of my artist told me she was going through something personal and I told her I completely understand. I had already paid and she didn’t say she was going to give up and return my money but that it might be a longer wait till Monday instead. Which I understand again. But the point is she communicated with me. Communication is key when you do business. Sorry this happened to you girlie

4 Likes

Okay, I understand it’s about me.
So let me explain a few things.

I didn’t reply to you once, to the message you sent 22 hours ago - I read it while I was at work, then honestly, I forgot about it, my mistake. Besides, I always wrote back, not that the conversation was long anyway.

Plus MONTHS? Girl, you asked me to do this on March 8, so it’s been 8 days of you telling me there’s no rush. :see_no_evil:

It wasn’t even a paid job, I was supposed to do it for you for free, using my free time, which I haven’t had much lately. But okay, I was silent for MONTHS :smiley:

4 Likes

If that’s the case, re they only asked you 8 days ago, then that’s outrageous that the OP has posted all this…
I wouldn’t blame you for not working with them at all now…

2 Likes

I think she deleted or archived our conversation now (idk, I don’t know how it works), but I have a screenshot of her message MONTHS ago :see_no_evil:

Summary

1 Like

She will probably just say it’s not you she was referring to , it was someone else that had offered as well

2 Likes

Yeah, she already deleted the message telling me that I’m delaying her story and I ruined it and that she was nice but she ran out of patience, so I have no proof :see_no_evil:

1 Like

It’s not about you <3

1 Like

Sure :smiley: Good luck with your cover :smiling_face:

Yes, you were one of the people who did this, but the example I used wasn’t about you, sorry if you thought so.

When I posted this I was fully aware that you were going to respond and say that what I wrote was not what happened between the two of us, and I know that. I used another example.

I understand what you’re talking about. I’ve been ghosted a lot times and finally got the courage and exposed all people on my Insta with screenshots of chats, of course.

The only advice I can give you - always take your time with story itself and request the cover when you haven’t even started the story, so you have a guarantee that you will have that cover no matter what.

Usually this happens with people who does free art, so if you were paying, it probably wouldn’t happen. Not trying to upset you because I know not everyone can pay (myself too).

3 Likes

What was I supposed to think when you write post like this after pouring out your anger on me in a private message and then deleting it, lol :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I know. But don’t act like a victim, because I spoke politely and at no point in anger.

1 Like

That wasn’t polite in my opinion :sweat_smile: Not that I can prove it because you felt the need to delete this message :smiley:

I have nothing more to add, I wish you all the best :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Same, thank you. But lastly, I want to apologize if at any point you thought I was rude, it wasn’t my goal. :blob_hearts:

1 Like

Omds girl I have a similar thread as well and I 100% agree as I was talking about it too, it’s very annoying and rude as u said and I stand w u girl.

No offence to any artist, but if you are willing to do an art and you decide for some reason to ghost and not respond, it’s just simply rude and don’t do it at all like what’s the point to open a tread and never do the work. It was your decision and if so make sure u have time in ur hand or effort to do so if you’re not willing, don’t do it it’s simple. it’s gonna offend a lot of people but babes.

If anything occurring it’s best to just say that, don’t just go ghost it’s so not professional and disrespectful.

I remember I asked for help w an overlay and this girl said she’s up for it but then I sent her more deets she completely ghosted me and removed herself from the chat. Like what was the whole point @kaiden_doestuff .

That happened way too often for art requests especially.

2 Likes

Honestly, I completely agree with you.

What is the need for a person to commit to this point, giving hope and making the person wait and then simply ghost them?

1 Like

Girl plz- that actually piss me tf off. There even ppl that like do whole art thread and have customers and I notice that they don’t do it at all. Like wth- :skull::skull:

2 Likes

This was me who did this, and I do really apologize, I accept my mistake. I’ve stopped offering to do stuff for people because I can’t commit and I’m very sorry that I just ghosted you, believe it or not but I’ve had that happen to me too - it’s not the best feeling in the world for sure. I should have just told you but I felt bad and thought it would be easier to ghost because some people aren’t really understanding but having said that I shouldn’t have just assumed either. I do agree, it’s annoying and I honestly hate that I did that multiple times. I’ve definitely burned a lot of bridges with people because I just ghost and I deeply regret it, there are so many amazing people in the community and I hate to be the one adding to why people may not like it.

4 Likes