Adding More Choices

So, I know how to do choices and all that. The hard part I’ve found is finding places to put them in. It’s easy for certain things like getting information about the player, but how does one go about putting more in without feeling like it’s disrupting a conversation and so on? Making more player input, basically.

bumpity bump :))

I am relatively new to writing as well, but one way that I’ve determined whether or not to include choice options is if the action that a character takes has a heavy impact upon what happens next. For example, in my story, “Lady Episode: Rise of a Hero”, the reader chooses how the main character reacts in situations with her sister. Because these dialogue moments are heavily dependent upon the MC’s personality (which the reader plays a role in), and play a key role in the MC’s relationship with her sister, I let the reader choose what happens.

1 Like

That’s sort of what I do too! But I have the trouble of finding less ‘heavy impact’ stuff, especially in a simpler story. Kinda getting into the space of ‘if its not important, why include it?’ which, of course, leads to very few choices sometimes :sweat_smile: