Announcing the Squad Writer's Contest

that’s what I would like to know as well… cause this is really confusing.

3 Likes

No problem. That was straight heat brah

Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Of course! I hope this cleared up some confusion :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks amazing! :sparkles:

1 Like

and another episode stuff member said this:

Honestly I would trust more to this thant the support - from my experience the people on support often lack deeper knowlage…its like hiting a call centrum some are good some less…while what is answered here on forum seems to come mostly from people who know what they are talking about.

But on the other hand most stories anyway got over 1000 reads in the contests so I would not see the 100 as a big geal.

8 Likes

Agreed

Thank you! However, I just wanted to reach out to them because there’s been a lot back and forth on the issue with others contacting them and hearing the same thing. Also, no where in the guidelines for this contest or on Episode’s FAQ is this stated. I guess I was confused because why would we be able to publish early if the reads would not be counted. I’ll reach out again and ask them to verify it with the people in charge of the contest but I really do appreciate you sharing this!:blush:

1 Like

I’ve asked them too, and I’ll be waiting for a response. This makes me wonder though why reads are thought to only count after the deadline. We’ve been told this by multiple people, including a staff member, but it’s not entirely true. Based on the responses gained by people, that means reads count before and after the deadline.

2 Likes

Tbh, that doesn’t even make any sense. I’d rather say reads should count AFTER the deadline. Because people are still working on their stories for the deadline, and it’s unfair tbh, but eh, it is what it is, and ill be publishing before the deadline.

2 Likes

But it’s kind of not unfair because they’re not grading based on reads. They’re grading based off the rubric and level of reader retention. In a way, reads only matter in the case of the 100 reads requirement and how many readers return to your story.

And technically, we’re all publishing before the deadline because we have to in order to qualify.

3 Likes

Alright, im going to finish my story, toodles.:man_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

If it would be only after the deadline it would be more fair in my opinion - because all the stories will have exact the same time to get the reads.

It might happen somebody has already written unpublidhed story so he can publish it the second day after the announcment - and this would not be entirely fair to the others.

On the other hand we dont know how the system does count the reads and readers redemption so its hard to tell if episode is realy able to divide the reads before and after the deadline.

But good it its not about the total number of reads (this would be too big advantage for famouse authors whose fans are eager to start to read new story from them) but more about that peoplay do read all 3 chapters.

4 Likes

yes!! definitly finish it! :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts:

But then, does reads really actually matter in the sense of how big the number is? I would say it might make it harder for stories that publish in the beginning because they might get more reads based on the amount of time they’re there, but they might struggle with reader retention, depending on a more likelihood of a disparity developing in between their episode by episode based reads.

It matters in a way… the less you get the more unstable the reader retention might be…you can hit people who try your story and not like it simply becuse thay like other type of stories so they abandone it even it is in general good story…so the more reads you have the more likely you have some stable basement of readers who read all 3 chapters…not to mention small factor that the reads might look bit like sort of add…some people will try only the stories with more reads believing it is proof it is a good story and not waisting of time.

But Honestly I would not bother about it so much. Most stories does qualify so more important is to hit the top ranking in the evaluation after.

4 Likes

You have a good point. We’ll just see what happens.

1 Like

Squad: A Boy Like You
Author - Geta

2 Likes

I’m so sorry if this question has been asked already and/or answered already. What stories are already out?

1 Like

Some of the links for some of the published stories are here.

1 Like