Author's Worst Nightmares!

Yeah exactly! Or like when I tell my friends I’m going to be an author when I grow up they judge me and they say a LOT of these things:

“Writing is like so lazy of you”
“Writing isnt a job!”
“all you’ll do is sit home”

and I’m like, WRITING IS A JOB. AND YES WE SIT AT HOME BUT WE ALSO STRUGGLE WITH OUR HEADS WITH COMING WITH A STORY AND TYPING AND CODING IS REALLY HARD SO DONT EVEN ACT LIKE YOU KNOW THE WHOLE THING OF WRITING! :rage:

3 Likes

It’s like if there were a competition on languages, we’d probably come in first unlike them. The crowd would laugh at them for the same reasons they make fun of us!! :joy::joy:

2 Likes

yeah but here is a good tip. do not do writing as your only job. i work on the side of my writing. it is actually hard to live of book selling.

3 Likes

Yeah, all this new animated cartoons are not kid material! I miss Tom & Jerry, The Pink Panther, The Cowardly dog, etc. Oh well. Time passes, we grow up and we need to move on to better things like EPISODE!!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I know, and I do plan on having another job to support myself.

2 Likes

That’s what I have slowly learned I’m 27 with two kids and a husband and be said the same thing. When I started it was all because of them but know because it helps me learn.

1 Like

Dealing with bad critics has to be the worst of being a writer! You work so hard and people don’t acknowledge. There’s an author here who is writing a really awesome story but english isn’t her first language also so she does have spelling errors. Sometimes she mixes up the words on the sentence and a lot of people give her bad comments and make her feel bad. You know what I did? I told her,

“Your story is great! I love how you use the overlays and the backgrounds that you’ve added! You do have spelling errors but don’t let that stop you. Keep on moving forward, learn from your mistakes and if you ever need a hand with the spelling, I’m here.” :slight_smile:

I’m a very caring person. I’ve been bullied, abused and I don’t give up. I will fight until there’s no more strength in me left. So while there’s still strength in me, I will help others fight their battle too.

3 Likes

Nightmare? Like my story that was in production for couple of months got banned.

3 Likes

why

2 Likes

That’s really good! There’s always room for learning and improvement! You go girl!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Why???

1 Like

Yes, I speak in German more than I do English up until here recently, so it was different and a big learning process.

1 Like

Who knows :joy: they dont mention reason except for tos violating. I was devastated and stopped writing for a few years

1 Like

Ich spreche ein bisschan deutsch

1 Like

That’s amazing!! My boyfriend traveled to Germany for his job and he absolutely loved it there! He hated the cold though. lol:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I’ve been through… well I’ve been through worse, it’s a struggle to stay strong but I do stay strong for others’s sake.
And yeah, it’s great that you do that with writers who don’t speak english fluently. I tbh think that we people who speak another language make a story IN that language so people who dont speak english or read it can read some stories too! :hugs:

2 Likes

What is tos violating???

Episode has some rules regarding story writing. Obv I violated some rule. I just wish they explained it. Now I know that u can submit a ticket with this question, but back then…

yeah it suck they did not tell you what was wrong. like how are you suppouse to make sure it wont happen again when you dont know what it is

1 Like

das ist großartig
You are only the second person I have meet I here that can.