Average number of lines

What’s the average number of lines you guys have for 1 episode not the beginning episode because you have to make your character so like ep 2 or 3

around 1500

1 Like

Oh shoot seriously?!

1 Like

lol i have about 5,000 but im doing advanced directing.

1 Like

It depends if your the type of person that like shorter episode than do shorter but if you like longer ones than do longer one for me I don’t really care if the story is interesting I’ll read it anyway!

1 Like

impressive

2 Likes

I’m trying advanced directing I try to take 3 hours a day to do my directing

2 Likes

thank you, thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

good keep up the good work! i’ll read your story when it comes out!

2 Likes

Thank you so much

1 Like

i know it takes a lot of time, wow i underestimated myself it was 6,000

1 Like

I’m trying to get like that but I think I’m gonna have shorter scenes

1 Like

I’ve included some of my own art at the end and in the beginning

I normally have around 4.000

I usually have between 1000 and 1500 lines per chapter!

1 Like

It’s hard to say lines, because some writers have spaces between lines, where they are not needed.
And some authors have written in several lines, what could fit in one line.

So if we’re saying that you don’t leave unnecessary empty lines behind and that you write in one line everything that could fit it in, and with no customization or dressing game, then 1500 lines without any additional directing is perfect for story length, like most readers like it.

2 Likes

Subtract the number of lines which you spent on customization, and subtract all choice consequences lines and add lines of just one choice consequence, and you’ll get your answer. :heart:

1 Like

How about we talk how many scenes are needed in chapter 1 with customization and in all other chapters without customization?

And how long must those scenes be?

Because that’s more delicate :heart:

About 5000 for a complex episode (the whole thing is basically two branches), as low as 1000 for a simple episode with little or no branching. :+1: I’m moderate to low on double-spacing things, so another author writing episodes like mine might have a slightly higher line count, but not by much.

1 Like

i’m confused, was this directed towards me? i wasn’t trying to make it a competition or anything she asked how many lines we had and i just responded. yes i understand what you’re trying to say lol and yes i fit stuff on one line all the time. but as i said i’m doing advanced directing which requires more lines soo…

1 Like