Beta Reading, How To?

I hope this is categorised right but anyways.

I was interested in getting into Beta Reading on episode since due to some schedule things I found myself with a lot of free time and I thought that Beta Reading could be a nice way to contribute a little to the Episode Writing community.

I’m not a professional though and I’m wondering if I should go for it and how I would if I did, go for it that is.

Should I research more before offering Beta Reading?

Is it just something that friends do for each other within this context?

I’m just a little confused and I was wondering if anyone had any answers to my many questions, I know I just put like three but I’m sure my point stands… Hopefully.

Have a good night or day everyone, by the way!

3 Likes

Hello,

You don’t have to be a professional to beta read for someone here on Episode. If it’s something you want to do either temporarily or not, then go for it!

You can simply make a new thread here, on the forums, offering to beta read, or keep an eye out for new threads where others are looking for a beta reader, and reach out to them!

If you want. I don’t think that’s necessary. However, it is entirely up to you!

Friends can beta read for each other, yes. But it’s not just exclusively friends that do it. Anyone who wants to beta-read for anyone else, can offer to beta-read!

In short: No, you don’t have to be friends to beta-read for someone.

If you have other questions regarding this topic, or any other topic, don’t hesitate to PM me.

Have a great day/night! :bat::heart:

1 Like

Thanks your reply has been helpful since I wasn’t sure if there was some unspoken social thing with Beta Reading on Episode.

Have a lovely day/night too :white_heart:!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.