Can someone tell me why this is against the guidelines?

Can someone tell me why we can’t have people under 16 be the focus of our story cover? Because my MCs are high school sophomores and I’d like to have them on the cover of my story.

5 Likes

I wish I knew 2 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

i think it has to do with the legal age of s*x is 16

15 and 16 arent that differnet, as long as you dont have any child-like objects or something that shows theyre 15, youre fine

i have had got a cover approved with had my MCs as 8 year old kids

7 Likes

Because age is a limitation for a lot of things.

4 Likes

That makes sense.

1 Like

Yup, I understand that.

1 Like

Well the legal age of consent for s*x is different for every state, for mine it’s 17.

1 Like

I know this is already solved but exactly what people said 16 is the consenting age in most places also do to add to that if you had a cover with a young kid you would get a bunch of pedos reading. To avoid sexualising minors there is a guildline limit of 16.

2 Likes

mine is 14 but I don’t think it has something to do with it, since a story doesn’t have to have s*x, maybe there are other reason?

2 Likes

Maybe but I don’t know tbh

I don’t get it, 16 year olds are minors too.

1 Like

Yes you are correct in MOST places anyone under the age of 18 is a minor. But by minor I mostly meant by consent wise. Everywhere has it’s own laws on this kind of stuff, so it can be quite confusing.

But also having a sixteen year old girl on a cover is different then having a six year old on the cover. If we take out the minor part of the conversation and strip it down to that 16 is consent age in a lot of places and as I said pedos definitely will play episode in chance of exploiting young people. There was an account on Instagram that stole episode characters from authors and put them in very disturbing positions for their own pleasure. Just imagine a young MC in one of those disgusting edits.

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter why, it’s not allowed. It has nothing to do with sex or age of consent. They don’t have to explain all their rules to you.

Just change the age for your MCs to 16 you won’t have any issues :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Wait, 14?! That’s too young.

1 Like

Yes, that is a big difference!!