Coding help please! Dressing game

Hi babes, I have this template from Dara and I want the choice to be remembered, but I don’t know how to use the gains with this tappable version. Can someone help me out?

# SIDE ARROWS DRESSING GAME - 3 OUTFITS {
readerMessage | bold , italic, color:navy  |Choose your look for the museum event!
&ui ARROW_TAP_RIGHT create and ui ARROW_TAP_RIGHT opacity 1 in 0.3 and ui ARROW_TAP_RIGHT scales to 0.325 0.325 in 0 and ui ARROW_TAP_RIGHT shifts to 215 340 in zone 1 in 0 and ui ARROW_TAP_RIGHT to layer 5
&ui ARROW_TAP_LEFT create and ui ARROW_TAP_LEFT opacity 1 in 0.3 and ui ARROW_TAP_LEFT scales to 0.325 0.325 in 0 and ui ARROW_TAP_LEFT shifts to 215 265 in zone 1 in 0 and ui ARROW_TAP_LEFT to layer 5
&ui HEART_CHECK_TAP create and ui HEART_CHECK_TAP opacity 0 in 0 and ui HEART_CHECK_TAP scales to 0.325 0.325 in 0 and ui HEART_CHECK_TAP shifts to 215 170 in zone 1 in 0 and ui HEART_CHECK_TAP to layer 5

tappable
"ARROW_TAP_LEFT" {
&ui HEART_CHECK_TAP opacity 1 in 0.3
goto arrow_outfit_tap_3_x
} "ARROW_TAP_RIGHT" {
&ui HEART_CHECK_TAP opacity 1 in 0.3
goto arrow_outfit_tap_1_x
}

label arrow_outfit_tap_1_x
@MC =1
@MC changes into MC_museum1

tappable
"ARROW_TAP_LEFT" {
} "ARROW_TAP_RIGHT" {
goto arrow_outfit_tap_2_x
} "HEART_CHECK_TAP" {
goto arrow_outfit_check_x
}

label arrow_outfit_tap_2_x
@MC =2
@MC changes into MC_museum2

tappable
"ARROW_TAP_LEFT" {
} "ARROW_TAP_RIGHT" {
} "HEART_CHECK_TAP" {
}

label arrow_outfit_tap_3_x
@MC =3
@MC changes into MC_museum3

tappable
"ARROW_TAP_LEFT" {
} "ARROW_TAP_RIGHT" {
} "HEART_CHECK_TAP" {
}

label arrow_outfit_check_x
&ui ARROW_TAP_LEFT opacity 0 in 0.1 and ui ARROW_TAP_RIGHT opacity 0 in 0.1 and ui HEART_CHECK_TAP opacity 0 in 0.1
@speechbubble is 160 255 to 99%
        NARRATOR
    Are you sure you want to wear this outfit?
choice
<PREMIUM> "Yes!" {
readerMessage Follow @dara.amarie.ep on IG with messageTitle Arrows Dressing Game Template Credit

} "No, let me try a different outfit." {

&ui ARROW_TAP_LEFT opacity 1 in 0.3 and ui ARROW_TAP_RIGHT opacity 1 in 0.3 and ui HEART_CHECK_TAP opacity 1 in 0.3
if (MC =1) {
} elif (MC =2) {
} else {
}
}

# SIDE ARROWS DRESSING GAME - 3 OUTFITS }

It’s not gains, but by points, so it’ll be similar, but you’ll have to use a little bit of different coding.
You have MC =1
MC =2
MC =3
So character MC is gaining points: 1-2-3 and based on that you can remember the outfit they have later in chapters.

if (MC =1) {
@MC changes into MC_museum1
} elif (MC =2) {
@MC changes into MC_museum2
} else {
@MC changes into MC_museum3
}

Oh that’s great! Since I want to use this template again, do I have to change the points?

1 Like

Personally, I change points every time, so next will be 4,5,6, then 7,8,9 etc; “just in case”. There is a possibility that those points would overlap and it would be okay, but to be sure, I’m just changing to not have problem later. :3

Got it! Thank you for your help :heart:

No worries, glad I could :3

1 Like