DISCUSSION: Corona virus

today was found the first person with corona in my country, but i think it has been here for a longer time. i don’t know why are people panicking this much, it’s a regular virus.

1 Like

So with how long this thread is, I wanted to add something that’s on my university reddit:

It has a pretty good overview of the virus and this link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html
This link has the demographics of the virus, who it’s affecting, who’s at the highest risk, etc. And it seems like a big deal, but really just go with standard “don’t get sick” precautions like washing/sanitizing your hands, covering your coughs and sneezes, and all that stuff.

3 Likes

Thanks for the information…
30-40x worser than the normal influenza??? :scream:
That’s a lot…

2 Likes

Well, it is mostly because we have vaccines and antibodies against the flu, so if your immune system gets hit with corona it’s like, oh crap gotta hit the big red button that causes the bad symptoms, which can be lethal for older people and people who are immunocompromised or have pre-existing conditions.
But it really shouldn’t be a problem for most healthy middle-young people, it’s moreso any older relatives or sick/immunocompromised relatives I’d be worried about.

1 Like

Dear Lana, I’m gonna tell you something you probably didn’t know. :smile:

It’s written in Bible: fruit from trees is not healthy (Eve and the apple). It shortens our life time and causes many diseases.

2 Likes

U want us starve to death then, lol? What else is there to eat and yes life is short. What we eat, is always comes with illnesses we get from it, I know. Like let’s say you have a lot of Calories in your body and you cant get rid of it because your addicted to eating this and that then something happens to you, etc.

1 Like

I love it when someone quotes from the Bible, honestly, stating true facts. Some don’t believe and others do.

1 Like

Only one thing was forbidden :point_up_2: And we still eat it every day :grimacing::smiley:

2 Likes

Lol, ikr and it’s true.

2 Likes

It’s hard to understand the text in the Bible, sometimes but when you go to church and the pastor preaches then your starting to understand it a bit.

1 Like

@CoraMae @lanafrazer_episode
If I was Eve… I should eat the forbidden apple sooo many times…
Those apples are so damned delicious sweet… :laughing: :laughing:
So, God, needed to punish me too much for eating this forbidden apple too many times… :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Wow… @lexiplaysepisode

1 Like

Hmmm I still think it’s a bit to early to lift restrictions, it seems that Africa and South america along with the rest of the West Indies seem to be doing pretty well.

Still pretty concerned though because it’s in Canada, The US, Italy and the UK, alot of Bahamians are in those places, not only that but these are where a great deal of our tourists come from. So it’s very important that we continue to educate ourselves on prevention.

1 Like

Agreed

1 Like

well SH-

The second case is in Chatham County, literally bordering the county where I-
Wake County is where the first case is, and also super close to me umm…
(Don’t stalk me please-)

2 Likes

Personally, i don’t think it is overhyped. I lot of us have family members with weak immune systems or underlying health conditions. This virus can be fatal for them. I feel like the hype can help people from spreading and contracting the virus so that the people who are actually at risk can be safe from contagion.

1 Like

Hope everyone is staying safe and has plenty of toilet paper and tissues in their house x

2 Likes

You too, stay safe and healthy, have a good weekend. :sunglasses:

Lol, yes and hand sanitizers as well. :rofl: :grin:

The issue with the fruit on The Tree of Knowledge is that it was a sin for Adam and Eve to partake in eating it. It has absolutely nothing to do with the health benefits of eating fruit. It has everything to do with Adam and Eve disobeying God.
And @lanafrazer_episode is right. Not everyone has the same beliefs. She’s also right about eating fruits and vegetables. Making healthier choices will help immensely in preventing sickness.

1 Like

This is me trying to avoid junk food for a week!!!

1 Like