Discussion: Some Popular Authors

I was in Instagram around the time this ranking glitch happened (a few months ago?) and now I think about it more, there was at least some overreaction from some popular authors I follow. I sympathized with them, but I didn’t know how much trending affects the smaller authors.

6 Likes

Is it weird that majority of popular authors are reading each other’s stories for the MC contest? Not to mention, some of those popular authors who have made stories for that contest seems like they’re going to easily have their story put on the shelf because of the amount of readers their Episode base basically has.

6 Likes

They shamed some of the people on the new ranking glitch anyway. I saw. The ones that newly got on there, they bashed.

1 Like

Noticed that too.

However, some I know did post Ana share some smaller authors. But the majority, I have not seen do so.

2 Likes

Tribalism at its finest (maybe).

At one hand, they’re deserved. Then again, part of the reason they’re popular is because they had support and help from fellow popular authors.

5 Likes

even Instagram groups are promoting stories that are by bigger authors than new authors. I’ve seen this happen in numerous contests.

7 Likes

You’re right.

2 Likes

This may be a little off-topic but I think this is personally interesting:
What I kinda realized not long ago is that when you search up on the engine (eg. MC:___), most times the upcoming stories are stacked most popular to least (at least something about the number of readers). (Edit: not usually, but definitely something to do with trending) That can also come into play of reader behavior. And it’s just so happen that the popular stories keep staying on top and such

7 Likes

Yeah I know right. It seems like a coincidence.

2 Likes

Like a certain author on the ranting thread. side eye

1 Like

what ranting thread?

2 Likes

The former ranting thread by @/anime that was closed.

3 Likes

thanks

1 Like

I think I know what author you’re referring to.

2 Likes

:face_with_monocle::tea:

3 Likes

Which?

Lol, I really don’t know what author y’all are referring to. I just wanted to put those emojis. :rofl::see_no_evil:

1 Like

cough cough

1 Like

I think you were there though.

1 Like