DISCUSSION: Walls and Shut downs?

lol

omg XD

1 Like

Yeah! He went golfing on his son’s birthday or something. How rude! He owns a golf course.

1 Like

Wow… Harsh.

1 Like

I don’t actually believe this; I’ve seen a lot of opinions on the subject, but no laws. Could you show me which law it is?

1 Like

Laws? On shutting down the government?

I’ll be frank. You don’t shut down the government because you haven’t gotten your way, you shut it down in case of a (national or whatever kind of) emergency. Isn’t that a law?

No I meant laws about America helping other countries. Lol

Also, depending on how you look at it, the crisis at the border could be seen as a National Emergency. I hope he doesn’t declare a National Emergency, but he could use Public Law 85-804 to build the wall and I hope he does ^^

We’ll just have to see, though.

1 Like

Oh. At the United Nations, isn’t there like an unspoken law where industrialised countries can help underdeveloped/developing countries, if there’s like a crisis there (in the underdeveloped country)? I’m pretty sure there’s, if not a law, then a standard there?

How can you still want the wall after all this mess?? I’m confused? :joy:

1 Like

X"D I know, I know…X"DDDDDDDD

I haven’t heard about that at the UN. I’ll take your word for it for now, though. It is just my opinion that America should help ourselves before others. Plenty disagree and that’s fine.

I still want the wall because illegal immigration is still a problem and will continue to be a problem until something is done about it. I want Trump to end the damn shutdown and use Statute 72/Public Law 85-804 and #BuildTheWall!!! The mess is frustrating and makes me mad as hell, but the facts still are that illegal immigration at our border is still a problem.

Many cons are still behind Trump. We just aren’t behind him the way he’s doing things right now. His policy is over 50% approval, but HE is just under 50% approval. LOL >.> Take that with a grain of salt, though to be honest because I don’t trust any poll at all since the election in 2016. X’DDD

1 Like

I understand. Nationalism is very controversial, but so far, at least you’re not saying racist things. :wink:

Is it legal to use that Public Law for something like this? I mean, why not look for other alternatives to decrease illegal immigration rather than intimidating and separating immigrants?

I don’t even trust most opinion polls now… You can never be completely sure. Not everyone feels the same way about our President. I’m just looking at this with a nonpartisan view.

1 Like

X’DD Most nationalists are racist? :thinking: I don’t see that, but I doubt there’s any data on that XDDDD Most people I know and love are nationalist, but that is purely anecdotal. I’ll look for some research and see what I can find.

It is absolutely legal! I mean, if he uses it exactly as it is stated.

“The President may authorize any department or agency of the Government which exercises functions in connection with the national defense, acting in accordance with regulations prescribed by the President for the protection of the Government…The authority conferred by this section shall not be utilized to obligate the United States in an amount in excess of $50,000 without approval by an official at or above the level of an Assistant Secretary or his Deputy, or an assistant head or his deputy, of such department or agency, or by a Contract Adjustment Board established therein.”

He could definitely get it started and eventually get it done using this law. There’s other things to it, like he can’t violate any laws with this, which he wouldn’t be. I mean he could find a way to, but the point is that he can do it lawfully using this law. And I really hope he does X’DDD

Crowder’s new video came up! He just got back, he was really sick and BOOM! Here he comes back and this is the exact conversation, came up at the same time, thought it was pretty interesting, but here’s some ideas from both sides we could all check out and see other POVs.

Is that a law, though?

I’d also argue we’re actually less safe because of the shutdown.

2 Likes

Indeed, I don’t think there’s anything good about the shutdown. I don’t think anyone believes that. Thanks for that article, btw! <3 <3

1 Like

Yeah, it just needs to be over.

And you’re welcome :blush:

1 Like

I love articles and stuff. 'Cause I’m a damn nerd X’DDDDD

I’m hoping we can find a way to compromise the current deal to end the shutdown and then…yeah, I’ve said it already, use that law and #BuildThatWall

But we can only really just wait and see T.T

I like them too. this one is more of a press release but it’s definitely interesting to dig into different industries and how they’re impacted by the shutdown.

Haha I still don’t want a wall, though I am definitely in favor of immigration reform. Our immigration court system is pretty backlogged and I would like to see funding go to that.

3 Likes

I’m just wondering.

The US is probably more of a hindrance than a help to other countries that are struggling

3 Likes