Does customizing the name of the MC matter? (POLL)

Hey guys so I’m working on a new story and was wondering how important is picking your own name? For stories without name customization do you feel less connected to?

• Won’t read the episode if I can’t write my own name
  • I would like it but I’d read regardless
  • No I don’t care it’s not that deep

0 voters

Thanks for voting! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is doesn’t fit into any of the Creator’s Corner sub-forums. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

The only time I’ve ever wanted to pick a name for the MC is when my profile avatar is uploaded into the story because it feels weird to see “me” on screen with a different name

5 Likes

I suggest that you put a name option as well if we are able to customize fully.

1 Like

I can’t believe I’m the only who voted that. Lol.
I literally will not read an episode if the gave me some random name, because 90% of the time it’s Hailee, or Brittany or something, and just, nope.

I personally don’t like using my own name because I don’t want to insert myself into a character that isn’t me

4 Likes

If you get to customize a character, it’s cool to choose whatever name you want, since a lot of names wouldn’t really “fit” with some characters I customise.
I’d read the story regardless though.

2 Likes

I have two stories, one where you can customise the character but not the name, since it has deeper meaning to the story, and the other one you can choose the name because the look is important. I think It’s alright…??

1 Like

I don’t like giving names to characters when I’m reading a story, especially if I don’t know anything about them. And when I have to do it with more characters and the author forces me to give first name and last name as well, I often find it so annoying that I go by “asdf ghjk” or something like that. For me a name can be very characteristic and I like to know what the author comes up with.

5 Likes

I went for “I don’t care”, but really it does matter in the sense that I don’t like having to name the character. I’d rather have a preset name, or at least a suggested default, since the character won’t be me anyway.

4 Likes

I don’t think the op literally neans your human name. :joy: they just mean the name you create for you character.
I never use my real name for anything, that’s kind of creepy.

1 Like

Wait, what do you mean by this

1 Like

2 Likes

In some stories, you can become your limelight profile avatar in limelight stories (they are most likely featured stories as I haven’t seen a non-featured story with it though.).

2 Likes

What @Unique_911 said is correct. I’ve seen it in probably a handful of user stories

3 Likes