Experiment: Do the forums have enough power to influence the trending section?

I thought the same thing, but I think that was because @LZ8240 original experiment was to show the true number of readers inatead of reads… Although due to the reply I guess it’s still not an accurate figure now hahaha

2 Likes

Ahh, I get it now! I thought it was just for fun, I mean I would be interested to know how many times someone starts reading the chapter over again before they give up :smile:

2 Likes

I almost forgot about this entire experiment but I have now read & replayed the story all five times! Looks to me like it currently has 128 reads :metal:t4:

4 Likes

Lol, that is low-key why I was surprised it was so high in the adventure genre when I woke up today :joy:

3 Likes

OK, so I reached the max limit when it comes to replays yesterday lol :laughing:

Also, now it’s showing the cake next to your name but I know that you’re way ahead in time XD
And, whoa, Nov 23 is such a cool day, three birthdays on that day that I know ha ha ha :scream: :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Yeah, very true! I also didn’t want to make people spend a pass to read a story with basically nothing in it :joy: Although I guess I could just update a lot so people could get free passes… :grinning:

2 Likes

I didn’t think people would actually replay it because they could “replay” in Episode 2 :joy:

2 Likes

Same! It’s #30 now, which I think is actually better than it was when I went to sleep! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

How many reads are you up to now?

2 Likes

Last time I checked was 139 :+1: Still morning of the 23rd here, so that number should still increase

2 Likes

How many reads did you have when the experiment started? 20-something?

2 Likes

Yeah, I think so

2 Likes

Congrats on 150 reads :rofl:

Well, I think we’ve shown that it’s possible to influence certain genres but to crack the top 50 in overall trending, I believe you’d need at least roughly 5k reads a day?

5 Likes

Ooh I’ll try it’s out!
Also @fcukforcookies you should make a separate thread for your suggestion if you haven’t already.

3 Likes

I did. Already running quite good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

o wewt! I didn’t see it but I’ll go look for it now

3 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks :grinning: Yeah, and it’s also a lot harder to stay in the top 50! Now we’re at 158 reads, #41.
5k reads a day is a lot, so kudos to those authors and their stories! :joy:

Also, are the stories in the “What’s Hot This Week” section actually that widely read, or is it because Episode wrote them? They seem to stay in that section for a long time, and they seem to all be very similar (romance, drama, similar-in-theme titles).

4 Likes

19 when I created the thread… 22 the day before the experiment was due to start… (Some keen beans must have read it early)

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree. I think the fact that it was in Adventure meant to get it close to the top of the genre was a lot easier than if it was in Romance or Drama.

Also 5k a day? WoW!

2 Likes