False Squad contest entry awareness

UGH, This is below horrible. What in the world is wrong with people in this community so obsessed with reads that they’re willing to go this low for them?? I had no idea people were doing this so thanks for the heads up.

6 Likes

I had no idea people were doing that

Very disappointing. I am only going to read entries on Squad reading list, like Alenga’s and a few other authors who have been asking authors to drop their stories. There’s also a list on the forum that @lanafrazer_episode made. :sunflower: :sunflower:

2 Likes

True i have noticeed some as well but its easy to find if its squad entry or not truly with their description and cover. luckily i read stories from alenga_reads list on Ig she figures out the true ones and its easy to avoid false ones. And this is something that should be said well done@

1 Like

How would you know based on description and cover?

1 Like

Well i have found a few myself where i actually found that their descriptions somehow have to resemble somthing with squad and most probably covers contain more than 2 to 3 members and i always look at it like that so far i fugured one story didnt fit the theme as well and seems like that author did just add squad for a few more reads

1 Like

I just checked some of the entries’ summaries, and I can see what you mean mainly with people entering mentioning a group of multiple people. I’m sure Episode might be able to tell what’s not in the contest if they can see when stories were published. It’s still messy though since the app has nothing to indicate when a story was updated or made.

2 Likes

thats true! but u see if they do had a story before they would have for sure promoted it before right? I think episode might figure it out like that plus there are so many amazing entries all due released today! I cant wait to read them!

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is related to Episode. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like

I think they can.
Also, I’m assuming these fake entrants didn’t fill out the form to enter anyway :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

If someone actually did fill out the form, that would be insane.

1 Like

Eh, they probably won’t win the contest anyways, so don’t worry. People will be able to recognize which stories actually had a lot of effort put into them, and which ones just had the word “Squad” plastered in front of the original title.

2 Likes

They are checked and disqualified by the episode team. It’s the principle of the matter, not about winning.

2 Likes

My bad. I misinterpreted what you said.

2 Likes

Well, no. It’s a fact.
I promise I’m not trying to be confrontational. Just explaining that the concern isn’t about who wins the contest. The concern is that people are using the situation to their advantage and it’s deceitful to readers and unfair to contestants.

5 Likes

Yes, I agree. I just wanted to say that for those who may be more worried about people who are undeserving of winning the contest, winning.

2 Likes

I’m aware of two ‘fake’ entries as well (may be the same, may not be.) Super disappointing :pensive:
They’re fairly easy to identify. One I saw has 19 chapters haha within the contest period? No way! :laughing:

2 Likes

Unfortunately this happens every contest. I’ve noticed at least 2-3 will be “fake” .

A good way for you to determine is seeing number of chapters + reads on the story. If they are suspiciously high, go on their Instagram and snoop a bit to see when it was published. You can check their tagged and see when their readers posted SS of said story. There might even be a SS of the story without “Squad” in the title.

Sometimes there’s also regular new story published around the same time but they’ll just slap the contest name on it for reads. And it won’t even fit the theme. Statistically if your new story is a contest entry it will get more reads/engagement compared to your new story which is not a contest. This one we can’t really do anything about. Episode will know and DQ it on their own I guess. Hopefully they don’t bother to fill out the Google form for entry. :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.