FEATURE: Mafia/Gang Genre

I’m not a fan of Mafia stories but having a genre just for the stories of gang and crime would benefit all authors for all genres and would help readers find the type of stories they are looking for.

This would be much easier for the pure romance authors and readers find the stories they are looking for rather than the criminal stories that populate the wrong genre and themes.

If episode support the mafia stories then I think they at least need their own genre.

93 Likes

Ah, we need this. Support!

Support!

1 Like

Support !!

As a person that’s currently writing a Mafia story, I think that this will help reader’s a ton & narrow down the choice of a story that their looking to read !

7 Likes

I agree with you, and they also take up the action shelf too. Like, come on, mafias aren’t the only people that use guns in action! What about spies and superheroes? Support!

12 Likes

I am not a fan of mafia stories at all but I do believe they deserve their own shelf for those that want to read them I find myself scrolling and scrolling through all the mafia stories to find that one that sounds interesting

3 Likes

support. I feel like we need more genres in general, or be able to put your story under more then one genre (but that might cause problems like cross tagging)

3 Likes

Yessss! I mean if you are going to have mafia romance, don’t take over the whole genre, just make a new one

2 Likes

Support

1 Like

support!!! pls

1 Like

support!!

1 Like

Support!!

Not even just romance, their all over drama too now, like I’m looking for the sappy sob stories that make me cry all night… not people falling in love with their kidnappers. But for people who do enjoy those stories, they should have their own shelf.

7 Likes

I just had a look at all the shelves and there’s even some in horror! I knew that had them in action/adventure/ drama by why take down the horror genre! This needs to be sorted because it’s not fair to the people who actually have stories that fit the genre

6 Likes

Support
It’s hard to get recognition as a romance writer when the genre is filled with mafia
And it’s hard to find a cute romance story when again it’s all mafia

3 Likes

I’d rather they weren’t on the app but I think a special place for those delightful stories full of romanticised violence would b nice. :white_heart:

7 Likes

Agree but episode favour male toxicity. I am a believer in write what you like because I would hate for someone to tell me what to not like and like but if there was a separate genre, it would solve so many problems for the other genre readers

4 Likes

Support.

2 Likes

Support

2 Likes

Support!

I do like myself a nice mafia story, Unfortunately the most popular ones atm has no CC/bad grammar or I’ve already read them BUT the whole romance/action/drama section is filled with them! Kinda frustrating to find other stories in those genres now

3 Likes

Support!

2 Likes