Feedback about my characters "glow up"

Hi I’d like some feedback on my characters glow up-

basically she went from being the ‘nerdy nobody’ to the ‘Rose amongst the thorns’ but the way she went about it caused literal blood to spill… through bullying and harrassing other students…and the stories about how she begins to go crazy and starts seeing the ghosts of all the people she has hurt haunting her and she thinks they want revenge… meanwhile her cronies have plotted to harrass her next to make her the next victim before she comes clean and their schemes get out.

I tried to avoid any typical nerdy stereotypes such as glasses and braces…
And yes the character has freckles but I am not using the freckles as a nerdy stereotype like some stories where the characters glow up involves covering her freckles etc…
In the stories her freckles remain consistant even when she is popular. <3 so it’s not just like a trait of being a ‘nerd’ (I feel weird using the word nerd lol mainly cause me and my friends are a bunch of ‘nerds’ lmao.)

I tried to base the both off of a cover I made for the Ink version but i’ve decided to just write it in LL because updates and it’d be worth it to learn Limelight coding…

Unpopular MC

Glow up

I’m happy for any suggestions on what could make the ‘nerdy’ version more contrasting to the ‘glow up’ since I find her before and after both really pretty. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You could maybe change the eyebrows a bit, just because when someone is more obsessed with their appearance, they tend to do their eyebrows :blue_heart:

Just don’t make them super big and ugly :joy:

4 Likes

They look good. For the nerdy I would do more of a natural lip then the glow up has the lipstick. Maybe it’ll add a little more contrast between the two.

3 Likes

you can also change the 'glow up’s lip to full round pouty
if u want

1 Like

If you’re going to write a makeover story, please be careful about how you describe/portray the character pre-“glowup”.
For example, calling her “ugly” before she has this makeover can be harmful to readers (a lot of whom are young and therefore more impressionable) who have similar features to her, because they may think that they need to change these things about themselves in order to be considered more ‘desirable’.
I’m not telling you to ditch the story, if it’s what you’re passionate about then write it, but please handle the topic with care.

3 Likes

Oh its not so much a glow up… more so insomniac… she just has like flash backs of her when people thought of her as a “nobody”

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.