First or Third person?

I noticed that all the story on the app are written in first person, while I entirely wrote my own in third person. I genuinely didn’t think about it since I’m used to write like this and also think it’s more fitting to my story. Now I am wondering if there’s some rule about it, or if it’s just something common on the app. Also, have you ever read other stories on Episode in third person? If not, would it bother you? :thinking:

8 Likes

I’ve not, and I don’t think I would personally like it, but I know a lot of people would

3 Likes

To be honest, I think it would be a nice change from the first person stories. You can see the story in a whole different perspective! However, others might not initially like the idea; and some would love it. I personally think it would be nice, but it’s up to you!

2 Likes

This is also because there would be scene where the MC is not present at all, so it would be weird to have the narration in first person…or switch the point of view in the middle of the story…
I don’t know! I’m torn on this :pleading_face:

3 Likes

It would be some sort of omniscient narrator that could give anyway the insights on some of the MC thoughts, you know, in order to not lose that connection between the reader and the characters :thinking:

2 Likes

I agree!

1 Like

I personally think it’s unique and a breath of fresh air from all the first person stories. However, some might actually like first person, others third person. But you do what you think is good for your story.

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone for your feedback! :pleading_face::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I would read a story in third person but not everyone would but I say do what u think is best my story has like a mix of both but mainly first person but I think the third person idea would be cool

1 Like

Honestly they are both good options, I mean I don’t have a favorite POV. All I know is that 1st person tends to be easier to write for most people, but I know that Paper Planes is in 3rd person and it’s extremely well written.

There is no rule against it, it’s just a common thing bc like i said it’s easier for most authors.

1 Like

Honestly, id love to see what a third-person story would be like

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t belong in any Creator’s Corner categories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

My story is in 3rd person narrative and I’ve read a couple that are the same. Personally I like it better, gives it more of a book feel I guess? Or like a narrated movie.

1 Like

Yeah, I love that story!

1 Like

Thanks guys! I think I’m gonna stick to the original idea and go on with the 3rd person! :upside_down_face:

Personally, I find it easier to write in first person. Just write what comes most natural, I guess? :blob_hearts:

1 Like

A story that’s really good in third-person is “Paper Planes” by Lina Sofia.

I’ve seen stories well written from both and I personally don’t have a preference.

1 Like