Hair and Lipstick reset

Hey! I’m having a issue, Basically the people who are gonna read my story get to CUSTOMIZE the character the way they want! And I also give them a option further on in the story if they wanna change their hair and lipstick, but afterwards the scene i wanna put them back to normal but i dont know how cause I have no clue how they customized the character from the start. someone please help!:frowning:

You can use the previews/unpreviews command within an episode:

More detail here:

OR you can create a duplicate character (sharing same display name) and use like two lines of code to change their hairstyle and lip color.

HOW TO duplicate character:

5 Likes

I’m really not understanding, I dont know if I didn’t explain this well enough but what I am trying to say is, I gave my character the choice to change lipstick and hair, But afterwards i want them to go back to default to the way they created their character

I know, I might be running a fever but I understand what you mean :laughing: Read through what I linked carefully, and put it in action when you’re testing on the app. Feel free to get a beta reader to read your un-published work as well to see if everything runs smoothly.

okay thank you

so i did end up trying the duplicate but it still has her makeup on and all

Wow you’re fast :laughing:

Reset story progress on the app and play all the way through to the point. Take ur time with this.

Example:

Original:

Script Name: YOU
Display Name: YOU

Duplicate:

Script Name: DUPLICATE
Display name: YOU

In script:

@DUPLICATE becomes YOU
@DUPLICATE changes hair into Hair
@DUPLICATE changes mouthColor into Mouth Color

If you’re giving them options, use the DUPLICATE for this.

1 Like

i understand the whole process but what im not getting is @duplicate changes hair into hair and the mouth part thingy, cause i dont know what the person whos reading my story customized the character as

If you’re using a hair/lip template, you will need to use the duplicate for that template and for all of the scenes after that. When you want to go back to the way the character originally looked, you will switch back to using the original character.

2 Likes

Ohhhh, now I get it. My apologies to both of you guys! thank you dara.

1 Like

so what you’re saying is when i give them the choice to use the hair and lip template i have to use the duplicate?

Yup!

1 Like

Okay tysm

1 Like

so I did what you told me and it’s working pretty fine but my issue is that when i duplicate it right after the customization template it shows two people, how do i only make it one?

can i do this multiple times in my script? In my story the ready first starts off creating their main character, skin tone, hairstyle and color, eyes shape, etc. but through out the story the reader will be able to change outfits, hairstyle, and mouth color only and when the main character has a flash back I want the main character to look when the reader first customized. I hope this made sense

Yeah you can do this. You can use a duplicate and you can make them change features as many times as you like without the MC ever changing any feature.