Help! Allow reader to customize character

I’m currently in the process of writing a story (limelight) and I’ve been looking around for help on how to allow readers to customize their own character. I don’t want to use the @CHARACTER goes to character customization, because it isn’t really my taste / what I would want in my story. I used a template online, but it didn’t work because of the new skin tone name change, among other things. I also tried Dara’s template (on google docs) but it just kept giving my two errors that said “can’t put labels inside brackets.” and also “label doesn’t exist” although I clearly labeled it… ARGHHH

Anyways, I’m hoping someone can help me out or has a template they can provide me for limelight that I can use!!

I have 2 photos - -

1. The error that keeps showing up (label doesn’t exist. As you might see, i clearly created a label and had “goto ‘label name’” and it still does not work…
  2. The type of template I would like to use in my story (not the character goes to character customization / avatar thingie) ! (in reply box)

(Will happy provide more screenshots, although the template I am using currently (Dara’s template) takes up 1000 lines on my script :sweat_smile:

Screenshot%20(75)

Hey, you can check out this: Dara's Character Customization Templates (INK & Limelight)

Read this quote from the thread I linked above:

“No labels exist”
If you are getting warning messages saying that NO LABELS EXIST, then that means you put the template inside of a choice or if/elif/else code. Templates have labels and labels cannot be inside of brackets. You will need to place the template outside of the choice, then put a goto inside the choice that leads to the first label of the template. HERE is an example of how to do that.

1 Like

AHHH thank u so much!! I finally fixed my template! :kissing_heart:

I’ll be sure to refer back to this for future stories / episodes :blush:

1 Like

Solved and closed. Thanks all!