Help me find the error? :(( *coding*

Hey guys !!

I can’t find this error & its really bugging me, I’m also having trouble with my spot directing, i want the character to enter from the right instead of the left, but i don’t know why it keeps default entering the scene from the left, there isn’t anything in the coding saying ‘enters from left’. PLEASEEEE help !!!

error

Screenshot 2020-12-15 at 12.58.25 PM

spot directing

Screenshot 2020-12-15 at 1.05.41 PM

i did re-adjust the coding for the spot-directing, and it’s not looking at ALL how i want it. and when it does look how i want, it’ll say there’s an error?!

BTW this is a mirror scene!

pleaseeeeeeeeee help !!!

ur wifey, syd :kissing: :pregnant_woman:t2:.

Hey so where you wrote:

@VICKY enters from right to spot .995 124 121 in zone 1 in 2

That’s incorrect. You can’t use “in zone #” where # is a number with an enters command.

Mirror scene help:

1 Like

thanks !! all of the errors are gone now, but its not doing what i want it too :((

what’s happening is

• her mirror self walks in first (not in the spot in the mirror that i want)
  • then she walks in (not in the spot that i want)
  • then her mirror self walks to a different spot in the mirror
  • and then she walks to a different spot (that i don’t want her too)

i want it to be

• her mirror self AND her enter at the same time, at the spot i want
  • then i wanted the mirror self to show her back so, ‘idle_rear’
  • and i wanted her to be ‘dust-off_loop’

i’ll check out ur thread !!

NJDFKSDLKFJSDF i got it now thanks to ur coding,

but ngl its still pretty confusing, am i dumb orrrr - :sweat_smile:

#Here’s an example, feel free to make changes to it to get it to do what you want.

#Place them offscreen:

@VICKY2 spot 0.880 446 180 in zone 1 at layer 1 AND VICKY faces left
@VICKY spot 0.900 486 160 in zone 1 at layer 3 AND VICKY faces left

#When you’re having them both walk in, use & for the first character and @ for the second so both actions happen at the same time. The command then/THEN just connects the other line of code to actions they do right after. You can also make the character do a walking animation.
&VICKY2 walks to spot 0.880 120 180 in 2 and VICKY2 does it while walk_neutral then VICKY2 faces left AND VICKY2 is dustoff_loop
@VICKY walks to spot 0.900 177 160 in 2 AND VICKY does it while walk_neutral then VICKY faces left AND VICKY is idle_rear

@VICKY changes into GIRL_towel_shower
@VICKY2 changes into GIRL_towel_shower

#Also, you want VICKY2, the duplicate behind the mirror to be facing the front while VICKY, the main character has her back toward the reader (so she’s rear and in your code, a layer higher than the mirror overlay and two layers higher than VICKY2) can read up on rear animations here:

1 Like

Glad you got it all figured out, nah, you are smart, don’t give up, you so got this :wink: :blob_sun:

1 Like

thank youuuuu !!! the explaining it out realllyyyyyyyy helped !!!

is there a difference if i we’re to say “THEN VICKY2 is dustoff_loop” instead of “AND VICKY2 is dustoff_loop”

also, could i PM you if i have trouble with any coding things, since I’m a beginner and just started :sweat_smile: your really good at helping !!!

1 Like