Help with writers block?

does anyone have advice for writers block? I’ve been trying to write for a few days now but nothing happens.

What have you been trying to write? If you’re having difficulty trying to write out a scene, try putting on music, referring back to any planning you had, or take a break to refresh yourself.

3 Likes

Have you tried listen to music … music that you don’t normally listen to…
Try classical, close your eyes and feel the emotion… then switch to a style that may not be your type of music … listen to a fast one then a slow one … write down any words or feeling that come to mind then try and work it into your writing.
Good Luck

2 Likes

Take a break. Don’t overwork yourself.

Join writer’s groups. Explain your plot to someone else, so you can make sure it’s well thought out.

Read a book. Watch a movie/series. Listen to music. Look outside - not as useful in quarantine. Get inspired.

3 Likes

take a break,

listen to some music while you write, or some videos there give information, sometimes that give creativity, like I recommend WatchMojo top tens, or Matthew Santoro top 10s. just a lot of random stuff going into your brain

and a thing there might not work for an episode story if its a chapter you plan to publish soon.

but an author trick when you struggle with a scene is just to write a note on what you want to happen

[here he will escape the giant boulder following him]

Then continue to the scene after that and return later.

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to write the third episode of one of my stories. I just really wanted to get it done (good obviously) but I just don’t have that inspiration like I did when I first started writing. Thank you!

1 Like

That’s a good idea, thank you!

1 Like

I think watching a show and taking a break help me the best. Thank you!

1 Like

That’s a good idea! Thank you! I didn’t think about those type of videos.

1 Like

You could ask for writing or plot help. Some people are starting up this academy/Google Classroom to help with people’s stories on Episode. There’s also threads with writing partners, writing groups, how-tos, do’s and don’ts.

1 Like

thank you for the tips! I did see about the google classroom and was thinking about joining it.

1 Like

You should join if you feel comfortable with it. It might take a while to get to the writing classes, but there’ll also be some helpful classes involving other things like directing and coding.

You can ask questions on the forums to see potential ways to solve the problem you’re having, and you can poll people to see how something would make them feel.

1 Like

When I have writer’s block I usually put on some music and just block out any other thought. It works most of the time :smile: :heart:

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t fit into any Creator’s Corner category. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink: