Help writing my first story

Hello, I’m writing my first story and could use some help. I have a outline already written. My question is when you’re writing a chapter. I know what’s going to happen at the beginning of the chapter in the end of the chapter… Like how do you fill in the gaps like in the middle of the chapter. I hope I explain this right.

1 Like

Maybe try explaining the different character’s personalities.
Make people get invested in your characters.

1 Like

Like something funny? This is the only thing I keep struggling on.

1 Like

It could be!
Maybe try writing scenes that lead up to the bigger events in the plot.

2 Likes

I did something like this. But I still keep running into this problem…

2 Likes

Hmmm…you could show a day in the life of the MC’s life.

2 Likes

You can always add more dialogue that adds more depth to your characters.

2 Likes

When writing your first story it’s usually good to stick to the basic climax plot
This can really help understand what you want to occur and what order, a great starting point!

3 Likes

Thanks… I will try it… I’m writing a love triangle and I’m trying to also trying not to rush everything…

3 Likes

read some of your favorite stories again but this time concentrate only how the 1 chapter is build - you can this way learn how to fill the gaps.

Int the first chapters it is necesary for reader to start to know the characters so create small scenes which do not need to be necesairly connected to the main plot but will show the personality from the characters and their motivation.

For examle you writw story about new girl in town and the end of chapter 1 is she meets at school her LI.

You can start for example with breakfest before she goes to school - there can be her family…from the dialogue we can naturaly learn they just moved in and it is her first day…

Also just from the dialogue you can learn bit about her personality…is she shy and scared to go to school is she existed?
We can learn also something about her relationspip to falimiy…is she going well with mom and dad or do they have bad relaionship?

All whis will help you to create natural dialogue…is she is shy and have good relationship with mom the dialogue will be completly different than if she is exited about the school but has bad relationship with parents.

And this cway you can build up several scenes which will simply descrime her first day at school till she meets him.
(its of cause just example you have to adjust it to your plot but I hope you got the idea)

1 Like

Hello @MissKendall.Writes, I’m Sydney the moderator. Welcome to the forum! :smiley:

I’ve moved this thread to Share Feedback since you’re looking for story help and not coding assistance. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you… This helps out so much…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.