Honest Story Reviews: ALL GENRES! (CLOSED!)

I will once I have time.

1 Like

Thank you so much, take the time you need!

1 Like

I am sorry to the last two people that wanted their stories reviewed. @Victoriaecs and @youngblackboy, I cannot review your stories because it does not include any of the four genres in the thread title. I apologize! I hope you find someone that might review your story.

You may continue with two stories that can be reviewed beneath:

2 Likes

Oh it’s okay! Thank you anyways :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’re welcome! I think your story cover is amazing!

1 Like

My story is a Revenge drama Thriller.
But thanks :purple_heart:

1 Like

okay tysm for the review!

1 Like

you did not answaer if you do unpublish stories?

No, I don’t read stories that haven’t been published.

1 Like

You may proceed with the adaption of your story beneath this comment!
It may take some time before your story has been reviewed.
Every genre is acceptable for me to read. Please keep in mind that I will only do two stories simultaneously.
Otherwise, have a nice New Years Eve celebration.
@TamiRose @Victoriaecs @Grottino @Tc_World @Rose.xo_97
Please, for your own sake, add the necessary information about your story.
Include the following:
Story name, description, story cover, number of episodes, link and genre.

Hello,
I just published my very first story!

Title: My Crazy College Roommate
Author: Ronniee
Episodes: 4
Style: Limelight/Spotlight
Genre: Drama/romance

Description:
I am in my last semester of university studying to become a judge! But, will my crazy roommate and affair with my professor stop me from graduating?
[MATURE THEMES] CC

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5490411829002240

The cover story still waiting to be approved.

1 Like

Hi, thank you for making this! I would like my story to be reviewed. This is my story:

Title: Lacuna
Author: Diana Dee
Genre: Mystery (main genre), Fiction, Drama
Style: Limelight
Episodes: 4 at the moment

Description:

As she tries to unravel the secret of her town, Anne discovers the truth about herself. Will she able to protect her loved ones? Or turn to the dark side? (Choices Matter, CC later on future chapter, Relationship Point, Different Ending)

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5521620417445888

1 Like

Impactful Choices/Choices in general: 0/10. Not accessible.

Grammar and Vocabulary: 3/10. Your spelling is fine, but you lack in vocabulary. Some grammatical errors occur while reading. For instance, you write “YES! I get to get the single bed!” This shows the reader that you are incapable of using a broad vocabulary with lesser-used words. In addition, you have reoccurring problems with punctuation and capital letters. For instance, you write, “All done! now I can Relax!”. This should be rewritten to “All done, now I can relax” or “All done. Now I can relax.”

Directing and the addition of overlays: /10. Not accessible.

Plot and storytelling: 5/10. Acceptable storytelling. You have a palpable plot outthought. The storytelling is not that well told. You are constantly writing information and details about the characters without showing. This makes the reader less enthusiastic about reading your story. You inform the reader about several characters without showing them simultaneously. Nonetheless, your plot gives you the score written above.

Character development: 4/10. Poor character development. In every story, you should always connect the future to the past. By doing that, you show the reader what the character has been through, and why they act in the matter that they do. Hence it doesn’t seem like you are developing your characters properly.

Diversity: 7/10 Diverse characters; you include customizable characters where skin-color can be changed. Characters are different from one another, and they have different ethnicities and moral knowledge. Well done!

Different backgrounds, overlays, etc.: 2/5. Primarily, the addition of overused backgrounds hurts the story, because they are the same backgrounds used in plenty of other stories. This is not necessarily a problem, but some readers are very meticulous when it comes to the creativity of an author. Additionally, you use the Spotlight version of Episode, which in itself makes the directing less reliable. In addition to that, you are not using overlays resulting in you not showing the reader you directing skills.

Chapter Length: 4/5. You have made an acceptable length for the story’s chapters; it is not too long or too short. You include the necessary scenes without the addition of unfitting scenes. However, some chapters are shorter or longer than the others are which might confuse the reader as to how much time they are spending on reading.

Creativity: 4/5. Using Spotlight in itself is a bonus in your creativity, seeing as not many authors use this feature on the Episode app. In addition, your usage of music and sounds is perfectly fit in the scenes where you include the music.

Story description: 3/5. You use a minimal vocabulary, but you sum up the story in a short matter, which I like. Nonetheless, there can be some improvements such as removing the exclamation mark from the story description.

Story cover(s): 4/5. I am basing my score on the cover that you posted on the forum. Personally, I think the cover is appropriate and fits the climatic of your story. The nice addition of the pink color and the frames surrounding the characters in the story is also another bonus. It is simple, yet affective.

Total Points: 36/65
Star Rating: :star: :star: 1/4

1 Like

Thank you! This was really informative and I will definitely take some of your points into consideration.

1 Like

You are so welcome. If you have any questions concerning the review, please PM me and I will answer your questions as soon as I have the time to do so. Otherwise, have a nice New Years Eve celebration.

1 Like

Lacuna, @dianadee Review:

Impactful Choices/Choices in general: 7/10. In the midst of the first chapter, you add some options for the reader to choose hairstyle, makeup and the attire for the day. In addition, you add some important choices, which makes the reader feel closer to the story.

Grammar and Vocabulary: 8/10. You manage to captivate the reader with an enriching vocabulary that sometimes seems minimal, but your usage of words is perfect in your story. There are some grammatical errors with punctuation, but the spelling of words is excellent. Nonetheless, the punctuation is a little incorrect. For instance, you write the following: “Sorry honey”, which should be rewritten to the correct form “Sorry, honey.” Another issue is “Hello girls” which should be rewritten and corrected to “Hello, girls.” Nonetheless, these are only minor punctuation problems, but can cause less enthusiasm for the reader. Something else worth noticing is that you write, “But Abby is this year leader
” which should be written to “But Abby is this year’s leader
 etc.”

Directing and the addition of overlays: 9/10. In the first chapter, you direct a scene of a reporter. This scene, in particular, shows that your abilities as an Episode author is very well. In addition to this scene, you manage to use an appropriate amount of overlays.** **Additionally, you add different zooms and pan the camera from other directions, which only goes to show that you are able of using the directing features on the app. I would recommend that you add more background characters, especially at the funeral scene. Even though that might seem difficult and time-consuming, it is of essence if you want to show the reader that you are serious in the author position. You manage to add several flashbacks during the funerals scene, which all amaze me. Something else that might subtract from your points is that when she walks across the bathroom, her reflection is nowhere in the mirror. This might be difficult to direct, it will add onto your outstanding directing.

Plot and storytelling: 8.5/10. The plot itself is well written and it seems as though you have spent much time understanding the plot yourself. Using flashbacks interprets the meanings of character’s devotion. In addition, your story uses narration, which is brilliant in a mystery story. The storytelling and the plot are eloquently written, and accumulates to you receiving an almost full score. The girl that was being vocal in the speech stops talking when the people in the church start talking. What is she doing simultaneously? This is the only spot that seems somewhat awkward to me.

Character development: 7/10. You are developing your characters in sufficient ways. Nonetheless, I do not feel the necessary bond that the reader is supposed to have with its main character. This is a major problem, because it takes away from the plot and the storytelling. You develop your characters to an extent, but there needs to be improvements in this department for the reader to fully acknowledge the character or characters’ emotions.

Diversity: 8.5/10 You include the addition of characters with different origins, skin-colors and mismatched cultures. Background characters are added, some of whom are of different origins. You receive this score because some of the characters with different ethnicities are more frequent than they are in other stories.

Different backgrounds, overlays, etc.: 3.5/5. The story and plot is engaging and engrossing, but the only reason why the reader might be disinterested at times is the backgrounds. The backgrounds are recognizable in plenty of other stories, which removes some points from the story. The overlays, nonetheless, adds to your points.

Chapter Length: 5/5 You manage to create a thrilling story with chapters that are long enough for the reader not wanting to exit the story. You add the necessary scenes that are of relevance. Nicely done.

Creativity: 5/5. Your creativity is beyond my mind. Primarily, I can analyze the features that you have incorporated in the story and understand that this is an everlasting project. The addition of perfectly fit music, impactful choices, sub-covers and other features accumulate to a total score.

Story description: 4.5/5. The story description is a nice element to the first impression of the reader. You have done fine work with the vocabulary, which seems to be minimal, but you still manage to pinpoint the most important information that is of relevance. By having a nice story cover and a well-described description, you manage to captivate the reader for the journey ahead of them. Well done!

Story cover(s): 4.5/5. As soon as I laid eyes on your cover, I was in awe of how gorgeously detailed it is. You manage to incorporate the nice touch of darkness and mythical mystery in the cover. The addition of the smoke and the dark background accumulates to an excellent score, since it fits the Mystery trope perfectly. The only reason why you did not receive the full score is that the faces appear crooked, as well as the story title being hidden at the bottom of the cover. Well done!

Total Points: 70,5/85
Star Rating: :star: :star: :star: :star:

PS: Added to my favs.

1 Like

You may proceed with the adaption of your story beneath this comment!
It may take some time before your story has been reviewed.
Every genre is acceptable for me to read. Please keep in mind that I will only do two stories simultaneously.
Otherwise, have a nice New Years Eve celebration.
@TamiRose @Victoriaecs @Grottino @Tc_World @Rose.xo_97
Please, for your own sake, add the necessary information about your story.
Include the following:
Story name, description, story cover, number of episodes, link and genre.

1 Like

Name: Pathway to Reality
Description: You are a college student with an interesting quality. You and your friends defy what it is unknown and it decides to snap back. Can you endure attacks of evil and fight it back?
Story cover:

Genre: Horror
Number of episodes: 6 (ongoing)
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6633320245690368

1 Like

story name: the Red Curtain
description: You are a teenage boy trying to find your own voice in lyrical opera, friendship, love, sexuality and family.
Unravel the present, take a stroll in the past and get a glimpse of the future.
story cover:

number of episodes: 4 (more coming soon)
link:http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4624881377148928
genre: Drama

I’m confused. Are you asking me to add my details again?

1 Like