How do I get 3 characters to be sat on the sofa?

So yeah, watch Joseph Evans tutorials on youtube, and u should be good to go.

Jink!!!

yes, this is perfect. Makes much more sense

1 Like

I’ve found the spot numbers :slight_smile: Now how do I write it out in the script?
Is this right? - @HEATHER spot 1.172 84 78 AND HEATHER stands upscreen left AND HEATHER is idle_sit_sad_loop AND HEATHER faces right
@ROSIE spot 1.235 236 - 154 AND ROSIE stands screen right AND ROSIE is idle_sit_legsup_neutral_loop AND ROSIE faces left

If you use spots you don’t have to add another placement, eg. upscreen left. The spot replaces the “upscreen left”.

Make sure you put the zone number in as well so the camera can be facing your characters in that zone.

@HEATHER spot 1.172 84 78 AND HEATHER is idle_sit_sad_loop AND HEATHER faces right in zone #

@ROSIE spot 1.235 236 - 154 AND ROSIE is idle_sit_legsup_neutral_loop AND ROSIE faces left in zone #

You can add layers instead of upscreen right etc.

Yes, make sure to add what zone you’re working with like @lanafrazer_episode said. And to clarify my previous post, basically just remove the “AND CHARACTER stands upscreen left” part :blush:

1 Like

teammmm workkkkk! lol :wink:

1 Like

Definitely, techers in crime :wink:

1 Like

Booom!

1 Like

@ccrisan your quick as hell with finding videos :wink:

2 Likes

I think i’ve got it now :slight_smile: Thank you so much for your help guys!! :smiley: I just need to work out the fancy zooming in and out camera work etc now, but it’s slowly coming together
So excited to do my 1st story on my own (with helps to you guys, I will mention you at the end of the chapter)

3 Likes

oooh, THIS IS YOUR FIRST STORY, GIVE ME THE NAME SO I CAN READ IT WHEN YOUR DONE! I love it when people are starting their first story.

1 Like

no problem, the code it’s not a friendly thing at the first time, but do as @lanafrazer_episode says, look for more Joseph’s videos, it will help you a lot, the forum also has many tutorials to help you coding :wink:

here some of them, if you need:

1 Like

Me again guys haha (sorry!)
I’m on a diff scene now, I want a character led in bed but when i press preview she’s not on the screen? Where am I going wrong? This is what i’ve got
INT. HOSPITAL BED - NIGHT
@cut to zone 3
@HEATHER stands screen center AND HEATHER faces left AND HEATHER is idle_lay_exhausted_loop
@pause for a beat
@cut to zone 2
@HUNTER enters from left to screen left AND ROSIE enters from left to spot 1.280 136 -19

Rosie and Hunter are on screen but Heather is no where on the screen :confused:

INT. HOSPITAL BED - NIGHT
@cut to zone 3
@HEATHER stands screen center AND HEATHER faces left AND HEATHER is idle_lay_exhausted_loop

@pause for a beat

@cut to zone 2

@HUNTER enters from left to screen left AND ROSIE enters from left to spot 1.280 136 -19

Heather is on the screen, its just that you are in a different zone showing where the characters are placed. I think. Send a picture of how it looks.

It’s okay i’ve got it now thanks :slight_smile:
But I do need to work out how to get 2 characters from zone 2 to walk to zone 3 and the camera follow them. Any advice please :slight_smile: