How many views you get with you 1st story?

Thankyou…for doing this for me :pleading_face: :pleading_face:

1 Like

No problem, everyone starts with 0 views and have to work to improve. And help is here on the forums if you ask for it :grin:

4 Likes

:grin: :grin:

1 Like

In my 1st story I got 112k+ reads, very quickly too. I think it was good luck or it was something not many people write about because I didn’t do anything to promote my story, I think people just found it :confused: it even got in like #7 drama or something like that, idek how :sob: the story was wack and i archived it and hid it from my profile lol

3 Likes

lucky one!! :pleading_face: :pleading_face:

1 Like

It was also when LL was new so that could be something…

1 Like

yeps!:heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

my first story has 84k reads but i haven’t updated it in like 2 years
i’ve been thinking about rewriting it though because i think it was a ‘unique’ mafia story at least back then :joy:

1 Like

Are you teasing me? :pleading_face: :sob: :sob:

no? haha

1 Like

my second published story has around 72k reads in 9 chapters but again i haven’t updated in around a year (the joys of having 3 kids)

2 Likes

you are teasing me again :joy: :joy:

haha i’m not search them if you like ‘two worlds collide’ and ‘the companion’

1 Like

okkyy :thinking:

Hey, don’t be discouraged! I know when we say reads are just a number and we should just think of doing it because we enjoy writing but it’s true that it’s quite sad that you’ve worked so hard for it and it’s hard for people to know the existence of your story from episode app.

Summary

I just published my first story on 17th July and all I did since then was doing crazy promotion :joy:
I’ve been posting on the forum on the related thread where I can promote my story and especially active on Instagram.

I request reviews and shoutouts from groups that are opening request and I follow and DM people that want to read or review story and giving shoutout to stories.
I just try all ways to promote, trying my luck who knows they might be interested in reading it.
But of course, I did not go crazy and message everyone and forcefully ask people to read it. :joy:
Just to people who offer to read new stories. :blush:
There are tons of them, maybe they will hate me for messaging them, I don’t know :see_no_evil:
I’m actually pretty scared to talk to new people but I have to step out of my cocoon because I worked so hard to create this story so I’m just gonna go all out to promote it as much as I can.

SO DON’T BE DISCOURAGE BY THE READS!
Especially don’t compare yourself to big authors since you don’t know what they have gone through during their days of publishing their first story.
We all started at the same starting line.
You’ll get there someday, what matters the most is knowing that there are people out there who enjoy reading your story even if it’s only one reader. :relaxed:

Okay, I’m really sorry for my long rant. :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I read all…And I know its hard for popular writers too…
I am trying to contain myself together…and thanks for typing this all for me… :heavy_heart_exclamation:
I will try my best :blush:

1 Like

I just don’t want you to quit on writing or feel discouraged by it because I really know how hard it is to get the recognition.
Just keep to the feeling when you start writing. :purple_heart:
I’ll go and read your story :blush:

3 Likes

thankyou so much …you all are sweet :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I remember publishing my first story all too well. I slept that night, 100% sure that I’d wake up with at least a hundred reads or so after the amount of promotion I had done (I was very naive :joy:). I got two reads that morning along with a little message to cheer me up. At the end of that long day full of read-for-reads and endless promotion anywhere I could, I had accumulated 14 reads.

It only went down from there, actually. A couple reads a day, sometimes none. However, once in a while, you find someone who comes around, loves your story and makes sure you know it, then spreads the word about it. I somehow made it to a thousand reads, which I’m sure seems like a lot, but it was after hours and hours of promotion and wondering whether I’d ever get any real recognition.

I had pretty much accepted that it was what it was, because without the time to carry on promoting, I hardly got any reads. It was after 14 months that my story got a place on a shelf and has 13.7k reads (and a lot of support from my readers, which means a lot more to me). Definitely not a lot comparitively, but I’m very grateful.

So I’m sure that one day or another, you’ll get the recognition you deserve and all your hard work will pay off. But it’s important to write not for the reads, but simply for the love of it. That changes everything.

Good luck with your story. :heart:

P.S. This was so long sorry!! :grimacing::joy:

5 Likes

It’s called OverDosed by Phoenix.

1 Like