How many views you get with you 1st story?

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is related to Episode. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like

My first story gained 100 reads in 2-3 weeks, mostly all through read-for-reads. That story has been archived now, but I think it has like 7k total reads and I published it over 3 years ago.
My second story (which was a contest entry) gained 1k reads in a week.

3 Likes

“Memory Lost”

1 Like

Oky :relaxed:

1 Like

Thankyou for cheering me up!! and tell your story
And yeah…I can see its a long story :joy: :joy:

1 Like

That’s great! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I got 19 views, dw :sweat_smile:
I was really unmotivated after that so I kinda just deleted it. I’d love to give your story a try though :slight_smile:

1 Like

When you published your story??..you should atleast tried to write more :pleading_face:

1 Like

Ummm it was like last year I think :grimacing:

1 Like

you should try again :pleading_face: :pleading_face:

1 Like

here is my story :relaxed:
Story name- Memory lost
Link http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6255861402107904

1 Like

I’ll check it out :blush:

1 Like

thankyou so much :smile: :smiley: :relaxed: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hey,
I feel you, it’s so hard to get reads.
My first story I never published and thank God I didn’t do that lmao it was really bad, but anyway. 2 years later, I made another one and I did publish it. I think it was in April. Now I have 345 reads, but mostly from r4r. It’s just not a click bait, I guess. So yeah, I was discouraged a while because of the amounts of reads. But it is true what they say, just write for yourself and enjoy that. :blush:
Try to enter a contest, I do it myself too at the moment. But your first story is good to learn all the directing etc.

Just never give up! Everyone has to start from 0!
When I have the time, I will definitely check out your story :grin:

1 Like

thankyou so much for encouraging me…or else…I was going to quit my story or delete it…
Thankyou so much :relaxed: :relaxed:

1 Like

In months, I got 42 reads on my first story. I only used the Episode social media thing to promote it. And then, like a month ago, I finally archived it after discontinuing it in December of 2019.

Good luck to you! Don’t give up. :heart:

2 Likes

thankyou :relaxed:

1 Like

Don’t give up! I wanted to give up on my story before it was announced as a part of the shelf (It took a whole year and was a rejected contest entry so ukno, not the most ideal position )and thankfully I didn’t archive it!

I had the same thoughts. I even created a topic discussing how to love our already published stories so that we (small community authors) won’t give up. It’s hard to press on because while we love our stories, it’s hard to dedicate so much effort to it while seeing no visible results! No matter how much we want to deny it, reads do motivate the author.

But, you do need to post regular updates (I’ve heard of authors updating once a day/ 3 times a week to gain a stable fanbase), improve your directing/writing, and consistently interact with your fans / other authors to gain more reads!

Maybe, instead of relying on the read count (and while using the above formula to slowly gain them)… perhaps answering the questions below can help you to love your story as you originally did. : )

So…

1. What inspired you to write your story in the first place? Was it music, films, a passing experience?
  2. What do you love most about your story? (It can be your characters, directing, writing style, the fact that it give you the tingles… )
  3. Which character do you relate with the most? Why?
  4. Which character do you love the most? (Is it their strengths? Weaknesses? Their personality?)
  5. Do you have any morals / life lessons / hidden message behind it? (It doesn’t have to :stuck_out_tongue: )
  6. Do you hate any characters?

Try to dig out a lil bit of old love from your stories and hopefully, you might be motivated to push on again!

I’ll read your story too!

1 Like

okaayyy…I have a question now!..do I have to give all these ques…ans?? :thinking:
And thanks for supporting me :relaxed:

1 Like

Hahahaha you don’t have to if you don’t want to! I thought it might be good to feel motivated by remembering why you wanted to write it in the first place. :see_no_evil:

1 Like