How to make a character draw a gun quick when the zone is moving?

I don’t know how to do this…

Moved to Directing Hep and Tips since Feature + Art Suggestions is for requests to the development team.

Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

Oh thanks

1 Like

Sorry, I was terrible. lol

There’s not really a way to speed up animations, but you can cut them off partway through. If you wanted the gun to be drawn a little bit faster, for example, you could do something like this:

If you want the character to draw then fire rapidly:

@.CHARACTER starts draw_gun_angry THEN pause for 0.25 THEN CHARACTER starts shoot_gun_angry THEN pause for 0.25 THEN CHARACTER starts shoot_gun_angry THEN pause for 0.25 THEN CHARACTER is shoot_gun_angry

Or if you want the character to draw the gun fast without shooting:

@.CHARACTER starts draw_gun_angry THEN pause for 0.35 THEN CHARACTER is idle_gun_angry_loop

**Note that these pauses may be tweaked to suit your preferences

Basically, using starts instead of is in order to make a character do an action followed with a pause for however long you want the animation to run can shorten the time the animation will play, allowing you to have the character transition to a different action faster. This will create the illusion of faster movement.

I hope this helps.

I mean in INK

I believe it should function similarly, but with the draw_gun, idle_hold_gun, and/or shoot_loop animations.

Something like this:

&CHRACTER starts draw_gun THEN pause for 0.25 THEN CHARACTER is shoot_loop
@.pan to zone x

I hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.