How to make an car entrance with three ppl inside?

Like I said in the title I need the car entrance script with three ppl inside, Thanks for any help!

hey!
what if you just place them all off-screen first and then move them to a specific spot?

yeah but can I get the script for how can I move them at the same time because always on of htem goes like 2 seconds after the others

I have the same problem tbh. I guess it has something to do with & and starts

yeah

Hey love!
To make characters walk at the same time you do:
@CHARACTER1 walks to screen center AND CHARACTER2 walks to upscreen right

To make characters do animation at the same time:
@CHARACTER1 walks to screen center AND CHARACTER1 is laugh_giggle AND CHARACTER2 walks to upscreen right AND CHARACTER2 starts laugh_giggle

Hope it helps ya out xoxo

1 Like

It’s weird that the & doesn’t work! & has always been what I have used in the past but like the girl above said^ AND also works!
My script would look like:
@OVERLAY moves to spot —- —- —- in -
&CHARACTER moves to spot —- —- —- in - (time it the same as the overlay!)
&CHARACTER moves to spot —- —- —- in -
&CHARACTER moves to spot ___ ___ ___ in _
OR
@OVERLAY move to spot —- —- —- in - AND CHARACTER moves to spot —- —- —- in - AND CHARACTER moves to spot —- —- —- in - AND CHARACTER moves to spot —- —- —- in -
Both of these method should make it all happen at once!

1 Like

Hello :slightly_smiling_face:
Sorry, Actually the first method you showed wouldn’t work at the same time because you have the @ and & backwards. It should start with & then the characters are @. Otherwise the characters won’t move until after the overlay is done moving.

But yeah, both those methods should work for them! Either
@overlay
&characterspot
OR @overlay bla bla AND character bla blah etc

Also sometimes you might need to adjust the timing. If the characters seem faster than the overlay than just add a second or two to the character’s time. So instead of the overlay and the characters showing up at the same time, you might have to have them show up different than the overlay.

1 Like

Really?! i have it in my script right now and it works fine haha.

1 Like

Weird it’s working for you lol but yes, usually if you place @, then until the @ command is finished the next line won’t start so it should typically be & and then a @ command.

@ATURTLE walks to spot ## in 2
&AFOX walks to spot ## in 2

The turtle will walk to spot in 2 and THEN the fox will after it.

But using
&ATURTLE walks to spot ## in 2
@AFOX walks to spot ## in 2

They’ll walk at the same time
because & doesn’t pause it continues. But @ has a pause. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ok well if it stops working at some point i know why :joy: thank you for letting me know!

1 Like

Lol Indeed. And no problem! :slightly_smiling_face: or you could just use the other way you mentioned:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.