I need help with scene

I’ve tried a few times to mkae this work. But the overlay always goes faster than the character and it looks stupid because the character isn’t moving in sync with the overlay which is what I want.

Here’s the overlay I wanna use: CAR SIDE BROWN

I want this brown car ro drive past the other overlay, like from behind it, so that this brown car is on a layer lower than the other one. I also want a character to be inside this brown car.

Heres the scene
EXT. METROPOLIS CITY STREET LOOPING - DAY
&overlay CAR SIDE PURPLE create
&overlay CAR SIDE PURPLE shifts to -6 -6 in zone 1
&overlay CAR SIDE PURPLE scales to 0.478 0.478
&overlay CAR SIDE PURPLE mover to layer 3
&overlay CAR SIDE PURPLE opacity 1
&LUCAS spot 0.947 120 -60 in zone 1 AND LUCAS faces right AND MAX spot 0.956 22 -59 in zone 1 AND MAX faces right
@/LUCAS moves to layer 1 AND MAX moves to layer 2

And so here I want the brown car to come from the left and just go past as if it’s in the other diriving lane, with one character inside it moving in sync with the brown car overlay.

I hope this is celar enough :smiley: Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Do you want a character inside it? And when you say, go past do you mean it’s goes on and off screen?

Yes. A character inside the car. And the car goes once from left to right. ut comes from off screen to the other side of screen

the overlay you are using doesn’t have the back of the car so it will look really weird if the car will go to the right more than you have it now in the script - like this (just with the people inside)

I can make you the code but I want to be sure what is the final position you want - or let me know if you decide to use different car overlay.

Also here is explained how to do it if you want to try it one more time. :slight_smile:

Uhh no that’s not what I meant.

I said I wanna make the brown car pass the other one. I don’t want the other car to move Anywhere.

See here:

And I know how to make the car drive in and all that. Just the character won’t be in synch with the car no matter how I try.

Ah OK I misinterpreted it. :slight_smile: let me see then.

Thank you I hope you understood what I meant :sweat_smile::joy:

now I do I think .:smiley:

EXT. METROPOLIS CITY STREET LOOPING - DAY
&overlay CAR SIDE PURPLE create
&overlay CAR SIDE PURPLE shifts to 0 0 in zone 1
&overlay CAR SIDE PURPLE scales to 0.478 0.478
&overlay CAR SIDE PURPLE mover to layer 3
&overlay CAR SIDE PURPLE opacity 1
&LUCAS spot 0.947 120 -60 in zone 1 AND LUCAS faces right AND MAX spot 0.956 22 -59 in zone 1 AND MAX faces right
&LUCAS moves to layer 1 AND MAX moves to layer 2
&CHAR spot 0.659 -341 102 in zone 1 AND CHAR moves to layer -1 AND CHAR faces right
&overlay CAR SIDE BROWN create
&overlay CAR SIDE BROWN moves to layer 0
&overlay CAR SIDE BROWN shifts to -570 51 in zone 1
&overlay CAR SIDE BROWN scales to 0.586 0.586
@overlay CAR SIDE BROWN opacity 1
&overlay CAR SIDE BROWN shifts to 71 51 in zone 2 in 5
@CHAR walks to spot 0.659 300 102 in zone 2 in 5 AND CHAR does it while idle

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.