I Will Critique/Review The First Episode of Your Stories

I’ll fix these errors asap, thanks for your feedback!

1 Like

Oh, I see! So it’s like Nick and Samantha’s love story.

1 Like

Hi! This is my first story ever, and I’m super excited about it, but I could use some feedback. Thank you!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Story Name: Two Paths
Author: Passion
Genre: Drama
Summary: When Elena, an aspiring doctor, meets Lucas, a gangster with a rough past, it’s clear they’re opposites. However, they share the same goal that no one can know about… (CC)
Review, Critique, or both: Since this is my first story, I think both.
Link to story: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6662214484033536

Cover:

You are doing a way better job than I did when I was writing my first story. Some minor things you could fix are:

1. When you choose the option to read about Elena and Lucas’ past you use the same animation quite a bit. (talk_forward or talk_neutral_forward.)
    Repetitive animations tend to get boring.
  2. In the scene where LI and his friend are in EXT. NORTH PHILADELPHIA ALLEYWAY - NIGHT, their feet aren’t touching the ground.
  3. When you zoom in to Elena in the bathroom (INT. BATHROOM - DAY) you can do
    &zoom on XY to % in [time]
    @ELENA starts cry_sniff_loop
    This makes it so that it’s zooming in as she’s crying.

As far as reviewing goes, your story is good, and although there’s room for improvement it’s not necessary that you make those changes.

Hi can you reveiw my story?/Give me feedback on how it’s going? (It’s not published yet!)

Story Name: Who’s Who?
Author: Tay11
Episodes: 2 (so far)
Gnere: Drama
Summary: School, friends, a crush, you live a normal life any teenage girl would. But what happens when a new girl, who looks EXACTLY like you, comes to town? (summary by @JemU776 on EF) CC
Style: Limelight
Reveiw
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5915374336671744
(It’s not published yet!) (There’s no cover yet)

Yes

First I’d like to say that your story is very creative! The only thing that I would fix:

1. The speech bubble, some times it get’s cut off.
  2. There was a scene where the MC and her best friend walk out of INT. BLUE SCHOOL HALLWAY - DAY (i think) get bigger as they exit, which makes me think you used
    @MC exits left or something like that. I think it’d be better if you kept them in their size and moved them off screen, took @MC spot {size} -X Y in 0 then add made it @MC walks to {Size} -X Y in {time}.

Other than that, I think your story is going to be great when it’s out.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll try to fix that spot directing!

Which scene was it?

When you introduce the MC’s bestfriend.

1 Like

Okay, thanks!

1 Like

Thank you! This is super helpful!

1 Like

Hii! This is my first story :see_no_evil:
Title: The last breath
Author: Ladies.episode
Genre: Drama
Summary: Sibel became a doctor as she dreamed of, but will she leave or continue her career after she was forced to marry a cruel Italian mafia.
Review or critique: Both would be great💟
Cover:

Link:
http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4664751502327808

1 Like

When reading the story I noticed you guys used a lot of basic directing, I think using more advance directing would make the story more intriguing. If you aren’t familiar you can go to:

1. When you go to EXT. CAFE - DAY, Joury pops up out of nowhere. So I’d make sure that you place the characters before transitioning, zooming, etc.
  2. When Sibel sit’s in the plane, INT. AIRPLANE SEATS - DAY the proportions are kind of off. In the scene Sibel is half the size of the chair, I think she could be bigger.
  3. In INT. AIRPORT - DAY When Sibel hugs her dad she’s not facing the right way, so I’d add which way she is supposed to be facing. (When you don’t specify in the preview she might face the right way but when you go on a phone since it’s not specified she’ll face either way.)
  4. After Sibel hugs her dad she doesn’t have to walk all the way back. You could have her stand closer. And after that when they talk you can zoom into each of them as they talk.
  5. When Sibel gets home(INT. SIMPLE LIVING ROOM - DAY), place her into the scene before zooming in on her.
  6. When you have Sergio in EXT. SHANGHAI STREET - DAY with CAR INTERIOR the overlay is slightly shifted.
  7. When Sergio faints and you zoom in on Sibel I think you could do that faster. Also before the episode ends you zoom out, I think it should stay zoomed in.

I hope you find success when this story.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I will fix all the errors.
These links are very helpful <3

Thank you for doing this.
Author: AnjitaD
Title: Magicka : Master of elements
Genre: Fantasy
Episodes: 3(more coming soon)
Description: Will you and your friends able to save the world from darkness as you uncover secrets back 500 years ago ? ( MC: F, time choices points system, adventure, fantasy, mystery and action )
Style: Limelight
Link : http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5576198820528128

I’m honestly just speechless from reading your story. From the tappable overlays you used to the amazing and advanced directing! I don’t really have anything to say about the story other than:

1. When you switched from cinematic to spotlight. It didn’t make quite sense to me, but if that was done with acknowledgment, than I can look past it.

Your story is absolutely amazing and I’m astonished it doesn’t have more reads.

1 Like

Story Name: Magicka: Rain
Author: Avarose456
Genre: Fantasy
Summary: When Rain joins a team of superheroes fighting supernatural creatures, for the first time she experiences real adventure. But, remember, your actions have consequences
Review, Critique, or both:
Both. :slight_smile:
Cover:

(Sorry, I just took a screenshot since I’m on my iPad.)
Anything else I should know:
Nope. :slight_smile:

Thank you for doing this! :two_hearts:
Story Name: Meet Me There
Author: Ems
Genre: romance
Summary: A tale of two young hearts, struggling with their own demons whose life paths cross…for better, or worse.
Choices matter l No CC I Create your own character
Review, Critique, or both: both
Cover:

Thank you so so much :sob::heart:, I appreciate it and you spend your precious time to read my story and reviewed it :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::innocent:. Thank you for that.