Is it worth making a Limelight and Ink version of the same story?

Personally, I adore ink, I rarely ever read limelight as I just can’t get into it (idk why) but I’m thinking about making my own story.

However, a while ago I made an ink story and as I was promoting it everywhere on the forums, I noticed that on all the read 4 reads it was only limelight and it made me wonder if people even made ink stories anymore. Anyways, in short, I got 17 reads despite promoting it everywhere I can, and using art scenes and that. I ended up giving up (I have commitment issues lmao) and I left it for a few months and I looked back the other day and it was still 17 reads so yh but that was probably because I didn’t frequently update (or the story is just bad, we’ll never know).

So what I’m asking is would it be worth creating a limelight and an ink version of the exact same story (I might make ink more from male LI perspective and limelight the female’s perspective)?

fyi, I love ink because I simp too hard for defined traingle face, button nose, cropped hair and uneven lips. Also I just love ink animation like they are just more cute and funny but limelight is so awkward and unnatural.

2 Likes

Hey Idontfuckingknow,

I love both. Ink and LL. I already wrote a few stories and I already started writing a new one. This one is only in LL, because it’s a fantasy-story with were-wolves and were-cats. The thing with INK is, that it won’t be updated anymore. That’s one of the reasons why readers choose to read LimeLight (and another one is because the LL-style is newer). What I try to say is. Writing both is definitely worth it, hun!! It only takes more time. :wink: From the 4 stories I have written, there are 2 in both styles.

Love A-W

1 Like

Thanks, to be honest although ink’s variety of things is less than limelight, it’s enough so I don’t really mind whether it gets updated. I started playing around with customizing the characters and I don’t despise limelight as much as I did 20 mins ago.

1 Like

Relatable :rofl:

I prefer Ink, too. I refused to read LL stories a while ago, but nowadays, you can’t find any new (good) stories in Ink, so I had to give it another chance and now I love LL, too.
If you’re writing a story for the reads, then I’d suggest to write in LL. But, I’d highly recommend doing what YOU want. If you want to write a new story in Ink (or both styles), then go for it! Ink lovers are still out there :wink: and there are also people who care for the quality of the story, not the story style.

I have an Ink story too which I’m revamping and it still gets reads!
So in conclusion, do whatever you want :upside_down_face:
I wish you the best of luck with your story!

2 Likes

I revamped my first story (INK) to LL a while ago and the reads are banging! I thought I was gonna write both stories at the same time. But now I see it takes way too much time (unless you’d copy and paste the whole script and just change the animations/outfits etc), so I decided to discontinue my ink story and archive it. But personally I enjoy writing in LL a whole lot more! And as ppl above said, reader have lost interest in INK stories. There are not as many CC options for examples, the animations are few (and look super weird to me now lol).
Personally I would go for LL :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for your input, I’m not completely sure if I’m going to follow through with it but my story is going to be high school based story (I know cliche but but stay with me lmao) so the MC (female) and her mum move to their hometown after living in england for a few years and the mum is reunited with her best friend who also has a son (LI) however the son is a “bad boy” (again, cliche) but he had a relatively good upbringing and isn’t spiteful or toxic other than the fact he was raped. Btw the LI has white hair pale skin and blue eyes, and the MC has dark hair and olive skin - just telling you as it’s a bit key. Anyways MC and LI gets close n all that jazz. Then a new “bad boy” comes to the school and theres some competition between LI and the new bad boy then I was gonna include a twist where the LI is bisexual and kisses the new bad boy or smth (dw they are both into it) and thats all I have for the plot so far. I know it was a bit all over the place but if you got this far, I’d like to know what you think or if it’s too cliche or smth.

2 Likes

I was thinking of copying and pasting because I just love ink too much to give it up, but I know it has to be limelight to get reads. I wish ink still got the same updates as limelight but it is what it is I guess. Anyways I’m glad you were able to continue your plot while getting reads.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s too cliché, I love the plot twist that the guy is bisexual.

1 Like

Yes!! I do it will all my stories. It makes it so you can write in the way you like first then transfer it so all audience will enjoy. Although, it can be a pain with spot directing. In the end I love doing it but it isn’t for everyone.

1 Like

It does seem repetitive but yh, I hope I do end up doing it tho, I struggle with motivation so I don’t know, I don’t want to spend hours of effort for no one acknowledge it (I know I should write for myself but knowing someone finds your story interesting is nice).

1 Like

True.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.