Lets Have This One Talk

7. Oof, yes, that’s the new rule I was planning to add, then I would immediately contact the person and tell them not to do that and take it down- and comment of the forum thread. If not, I would report them.

3 Likes

Booyah! XD

1 Like

1. If your a background editor, what do you do with your background work?
I put it in my Google Drive so people can use it.

2. If you want others to access your backgrounds, what/how do you want them it access it.
They must fill out an access form and agree to my rules.

3. Do you have rules, and terms for your backgrounds.
Yes.

• You may not claim my work as your own.
  • You must credit me when you use my work.
  • You may not distribute my work to others.
  • You must ask me if you wish to alter/change my work.
  • You may not cover up my sign/watermark on my work.

4. Do you Instagram, etc.
Yes, I make a post about all the new content I add to My Drive on Instagram.

5. Are you very serious with your work given to the public to use.
Yes. I love helping authors of the community.

6. Do you put watermark on your work?
Yes. I used to do it quite small and in the corner, but I’ve started putting it in more obvious spot since all the artwork stealing (this hasn’t happened to me yet that I know of).

3 Likes
  1. If you’re a background editor, what do you do with your background work?

Most of the backgrounds I’ve created are shared with the public and uploaded onto my Google drive.

1. If you want others to access your backgrounds, what/how do you want them it access it.

My Google drive is no longer available to the public and has been this way for a while. It’s closed off and you have to receive an invitation in order to view it. Users who want to acquire access will have to fill out a Google form (whenever I open it). Then I will verify each person’s submission and give them access by adding their email to my Google drive.

1. Do you have rules, and terms for your backgrounds.
  • No redistribution is allowed. My work is not to be shared on Pinterest, or reposted on the forums or on your IG
  • You cannot edit over my backgrounds or change the color of anything.
  • Do not claim as your own work.
  • Credit is necessary if you use it in your story. If you decide to use it for a cover, please give me credit in your IG post.

Basically all of the standard rules.

1. Do you have Instagram, etc.

Yes, I’m @shellyg.episode.

1. Are you very serious with your work given to the public to use?

Yes? I try my best to make sure they look as clean as possible and that I’ve added all the details (decorations, shading, correct angling of items or walls, etc) before I post them. If I converted a background from night to day (or vice-versa), I also try to make it look as realistic as possible.

1. Do you put a watermark on your work?

In the past, I did not add watermarks because it didn’t occur to me that people would steal my work. All of my backgrounds now contain my watermark so people cannot conveniently forget who made it.

1. If someone edited your background, and your rule states that “YOU CANNOT EDIT THIS BACKGROUND”, and you see it pop up on the forums, and being shared, and you feel very upset. How would you solve the problem?

I would comment on the thread by telling them that I don’t like my work being reposted and ask them to take it down. However, I sometimes also don’t hesitate to call them out via IG story. Especially if the poster has done this multiple times (based on their post history).

3 Likes

Last question:

1. Would you ban/block the person from accessing your backgrounds if they do not follow rules/terms, yet this still do it?
  1. Use it and add it to my drive
  2. Google drive
  3. Of course. They must credit me
  4. Yep. @epsd.ama. Instagram.
  5. Kinda?
  6. No. Well. Sometimes. If I really like the background
  7. I should confront them on the thread so people don’t give them praise. Then I pm them to settle it calmly.
  8. If they do it once and never again then I’m ok with it but if they keep doing it, I will block them so they don’t have access
2 Likes