Lets Have This One Talk

Now, this thread is just for background editors ONLY. So, if you are a background editor, please say something. We need to have a talk. Let’s go. :woman_facepalming:t2:

1. NO DRAMA
2. RESPECT OTHERS OPINIONS
3. DO NOT BE RUDE

Update if you are just starting to join the thread:

1. If you start any drama, I will ask you politely to EXIT the thread, and move on. I dont care what you have/need to say. This thread is NOT FOR DRAMA. GROW UP, AND ACT LIKE IT. I AM TIRED OF IT.
  2. I created this, is because i want to hear all background editors views, and opinions.

I dont care, if people are reading it, and commenting if they are not background editors, that is fine with me, NO DRAMA. Honest talk, and honest talkin only. **

1. Ill be asking questions, and you guys can give straight answers, and we will move on.
  2. DO NOT GO OFF TOPIC. LETS FOCUS ON ONE AND MOVE ON.

Questions:

1. If your a background editor, what do you do with your background work?

2. If you want others to access your backgrounds, what/how do you want them it access it.

3. Do you have rules, and terms for your backgrounds.

4. Do you Instagram, etc.

5. Are you very serious with your work given to the public to use.

6. Do you put watermark on your work?

7. If someone edited your background, and your rule states that “YOU CANNOT EDIT THIS BACKGROUND” , and you see it pop up on the forums, and being shared, and you feel very upset. How would you solve the problem?

8. Would you ban/block the person from accessing your backgrounds if they do not follow rules/terms, yet this still do it?

6 Likes

I’ve made a few for my purpose only though. Because I’m not the best…

2 Likes

This is something different than that.

If your a background editor, what do you do with your background work?

1 Like

All people arent the best hun, at least they are showing what they are good at, and you also are good at.

2 Likes

Note: DO NOT GO OFF TOPIC. LETS FOCUS ON ONE AND MOVE ON.

1 Like

Ill be asking questions, and you guys can give straight answers, and we will move on.

1 Like

Well, to put it normally,I think most people would share their work onto their drives and put watermarks- I’m slightly confused.

2 Likes

Yeah, they would. Dont be confused, ill get straight to the point.

1 Like

I created this, is because i want to hear all background editors views, and opinions.

I dont care, if people are reading it, and commenting if they are not background editors, that is fine with me, NO DRAMA. Honest talk, and honest talkin only.**

2 Likes

@AMagic

1 Like

If you start any drama, I will ask you politely to EXIT the thread, and move on. I dont care what you have/need to say. This thread is NOT FOR DRAMA. GROW UP, AND ACT LIKE IT. I AM TIRED OF IT.

1 Like

Questions:

1. If your a background editor, what do you do with your background work?

2. If you want others to access your backgrounds, what/how do you want them it access it.

3. Do you have rules, and terms for your backgrounds.

4. Do you Instagram, etc.

5. Are you very serious with your work given to the public to use.

6. Do you put watermark on your work?

2 Likes

1. I would share most of my backgrounds unless they were personal requests or for my own story
2. I would let them use the ones on my free backgrounds thread
3. Yes, I’m actually going to post one tomorrow to make sure it’s clear.
4. No, because I don’t believe social media should control your life or is so vital that I would need it- at least for now, since my experiences with social media aren’t pleasant- it makes you stressed.
5. Yes. I do try to give the best backgrounds for people out there that would need it for their story.
6. No, because as it’s free for everyone and I don’t require credit, a watermark is a credit term and so I can’t do that.

5 Likes
  1. If someone edited your background, and your rule states that “YOU CAN NOT EDIT THIS BACKGROUND” , and you see it pop up on forums, and being shared, and you are feel very upset. How would you solve the problem?
1 Like

I wouldn’t really call myself a background editor, but I do have a drive.

If you’re a background editor, what do you do with your background work?
I put all my backgrounds and overlays on my google drive. There’s a link in my forum profile and a link on my IG. I share everything, even the stuff that I make for myself (although I sometimes wait until I publish the episodes where those particular backgrounds appear).

If you want others to access your backgrounds, what/how do you want them it access it.
Google drive. I sometimes share on the forums, but always with a link to my drive. I just think that’s easier for everyone.

Do you have rules, and terms for your backgrounds.
Fairly basic terms- credit me somewhere in your story. If you use it for edits/covers, credit me in the IG post (if you post it there). Essentially, don’t pass it off as your own.

Do you Instagram, etc.
I have IG but more for my stories, not my backgrounds.

Are you very serious with your work given to the public to use.
I’m not sure what you mean by this.

Do you put watermark on your work?
No.

If someone edited your background, and your rule states that “YOU CAN NOT EDIT THIS BACKGROUND” , and you see it pop up on forums, and being shared, and you are feel very upset. How would you solve the problem?
I’d reply to the post and just ask them to credit me under the background. Technically, my “rules” state no sharing on the forums but I’m not too strict on that one as long as credit is given.

3 Likes

Update if you are just starting to join the thread:

1. If you start any drama, I will ask you politely to EXIT the thread, and move on. I dont care what you have/need to say. This thread is NOT FOR DRAMA. GROW UP, AND ACT LIKE IT. I AM TIRED OF IT.

2. I created this, is because i want to hear all background editors views, and opinions.

I dont care, if people are reading it, and commenting if they are not background editors, that is fine with me, NO DRAMA. Honest talk, and honest talkin only. **

1. Ill be asking questions, and you guys can give straight answers, and we will move on.

2. DO NOT GO OFF TOPIC. LETS FOCUS ON ONE AND MOVE ON.

I meant like, are you very sure that you want to post or public your background creation for others to see, and use.

Oh. Yeah, sure.
The majority of the stuff I share is stuff I made for myself. I started sharing them because I figured that maybe some people might find them useful.

1 Like

Awesome.