Let's practice our writing skills (list of prompts)

"I don’t know the reason baby
Since where
And when did your heart change?
Other than you,
I’ve never thought of anyone beside me
With nobody else
I’m collapsing, don’t act like you don’t know me"

"Don’t know what to do baby
I’m still the same
What do I do baby
I’ve only looked at just you
Like this, I’m still
Sitting here, waiting for you"

bump!

New prompts!

Think about a boy with who you have a love-hate relationship. What would happen if MC decides to be friends with a character like him?

Try to write a story where the LI it’s just a friend of MC. Save this for when you need inspiration.

Describe how would impact the story if one of the side characters becomes rich/famous.

Think about a shy boy that you met in school/college. What would happen if that boy becomes a famous person? Try to write about that and save it for when you need inspiration.

Think about a fragile that you met and write a character inspired by him. What would happen if the LI of your story meets him?

Did you ever say something mean towards an innocent boy? Try to create a story where you can correct that and think about the outcome.

1 Like

One of these images describes your relationship with a person who is dead and was killed unjustly. Describe that and save this for when you need inspiration.

2 Likes

This is different from what I usually do on this thread, but idk

“Was it worth it almost dying for that piece of trash?”

“You don’t really care about my feelings, you just want to make me believe that you have sympathy for me because you want something”.

“I’m tired of your ego. I know that someday I will be able to treat you the same way you treated me”.

“We don’t want to be with you, we only pretended to be your friends to obtain something. But we didn’t, so now you aren’t useful to us”.

1 Like

bump :sparkles:

This one definitely does

1 Like

thank you <3333

1 Like

Bump!! And your ideas are fabulous :pleading_face:

2 Likes

thank you so much :pensive: :pleading_face:

• Think about an underrated singer, band, book, or movie you like. Why do you feel people don’t appreciate it? Think about it and create a plot/character based on the reasons you listed.

• Write about an evil and egoistic character who is a softie with animals. Why would they be good with animals and not with people? Think about the reasons.

• What would happen if your character (MC/LI) wasn’t conventionally attractive? Sorry if this is offensive, but it’s a sad reality, and you should practice writing about this. People treat you differently, so I don’t know.

• Imagine one of the most powerful characters of your story becoming weaker… what would be the reason behind it? Think about this.

• Try to write your plot with your MC/LI as a secondary character. What would happen if the friends or family members become the main characters? Use this to practice your writing skills, and then use this for inspiration.

• Imagine the bad girl of your story becoming a good and sweet girl. Why would she change? Do you think people like that can become wholesome? Write about this and use it for inspiration.

• Think about a person you once envied and list the reasons why (they are successful, pretty, popular, more liked by others, etc.) What would happen if your character meets someone like that? Would they also feel envy and compare themselves to them?

• Try to write an obnoxious version of your MC/LI (the kind of person you dislike) and save this for later (when you need inspiration).

2 Likes
  • What would happen if you convert your shyest character into a bad girl/boy? Try to write a different version of them (keeping some of their characteristics) and save this for later (when you need inspiration).

• Imagine if the antagonist of your story has the characteristics of your ex or a toxic friend/family member. How would that impact the story?

• What would happen if the hero of your story becomes bad? Would be a reasonable motive behind it? Or does your character lack a strong moral base? Write about this.

• Imagine if MC and LI need to break up (maybe one of them moves to another country, just to give an example). How would they feel? Would they feel for their love? Would they miss each other? Think about this and write it down.

1 Like
  • What would happen if the good girl/boy of your story gets tired of being treated like a saint? Write about this.

• Imagine your character getting recognized for a good job they did. What would be the reason? Think about their talents and strengths.

• Think about your biggest dream and the version of you that you want to be. What would happen if you create a character like that? Write about this to practice your skills and save for later (when you need inspiration).

• Think about a serious situation when you laughed (or wanted to laugh). How would your character react in the same situation?

Your character found out that their partner or “friend” just used them to obtain something. One of these images portrays how will they get revenge

One of these images represents the promises that your character made and didn’t fulfill. Which one and why?

One of these images portrays what is your character repressing but wants to express. Which one and why?

1. Write a basic plot about a breakup, a girl who loves music, and a cheating person.

2. Write a basic plot about a girl dating her best friend’s little brother. What would happen if this girl doesn’t want to be friends with that person, but doesn’t want to break up with her boyfriend?

3. Write a basic plot about a girl who is in a toxic environment and a toxic person returning to her life.

One of these images represents the development/internal change of your character. Which picture and why?