Let's talk about diverse characters

Who else struggles with creating diversity characters I have a hard time creating different types of ethnicities.

Please comment below any helpful tips or even characters you have made that you don’t mind people using

:blush::blush::blush::grin:

7 Likes

Ive made French, Chinese, American, Mexican-American, African American characters. All thanks to @ShanniiWrites @EpisodeShadow @AWeirdo and @princethecat!

3 Likes

they can sure help u with this! Their amazing!

*Diverse characters

1 Like

Don’t search for diversity in means of checking off of a list. Diversity shouldn’t be forced. True diversity takes time learning about cultures and such. It’s not so easy as to create a character with monolids and call them Korean.

I don’t think it’s hard at all… What do you want to see in your story? Just ask yourself that. Do your research, and see how you can make that come true. There are many threads on the Episode Forums to help you out. :slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

I was about to say that. :joy: Good advice.

3 Likes

I see it too much, lol…
Now that it’s been talked about everyone’s checking their lists. :face_with_monocle:

It’s always like “Oh well lemme see… Muslim! CHECK! African American! CHECK! Transgender! CHECK!” And I’m just on the sidelines like… :woozy_face:

7 Likes

:joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Its ridiculous. Just do it naturally, not really hard.

5 Likes

I made this topic based on a feedback I got from one of my stories saying there’s no diversity and that episode rules state you MUST have a diversity of characters within a story :slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face::confused:

4 Likes

What’s confusing me is… do people not see diverse people in their everyday lives? I know y’all be questioning what different cultures do; even I do. :rofl: Don’t lie to yourselves. :rofl: Now do your research. :neutral_face:

8 Likes

No, that’s not an Episode rule. But does your story have diversity? I can see if people would get offended. Diversity is just realistic. Especially if you are a writer. Having the ability to only make one character is just flawed and unrealistic to write.

9 Likes

All around u. Everywhere.

2 Likes

No. For contests they recommend it, but it’s not mandatory.

Of course, it’s always a good idea to include some :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I think I do it’s not all races but I have a few different types of people

3 Likes

Can you show me your cast?

3 Likes

This is most of the main cast, could it be maybe they are trying to say religion wise :confused:

2 Likes

Well I’d say please please please PLEASE! Before adding people from certain places please research the culture first. It can be very tedious but it’s not impossible. And even though the internet has a lot of things about cultures, religions and nationalities it’s always best to talk to someone from that community because not everything on the internet is true or accurate.

6 Likes

Who was this person complaining? I see nothing wrong with this cast.

2 Likes

Of course I don’t want to offend a religion, I will try and remember this for future stories :grin:

4 Likes