Let's Talk About Villians!

So, what do you guys like to write about your villians? What inspired you to write your character(s)?
Any tips or tricks to help other authors who are writing their own villians for the first time? What kinds/types of villians do you like to write about?

oIryoEa

8 Likes

Hey. Sorry if this is long, but I have some villains in my stories where there are a few villains that want to rule the world or a specific land or city or a few who want to destroy the world as we may know it or who is in search to destroy the main character, or to conquer with the powers of darkness, or who are very power hungry or want revenge on something. I also have a few villain characters in which they have a back story as to why they are that way. One of the villain characters I wrote for Season 2 of Super Wolf Girl named Carmichael in the picture down below:

My inspiration for this character is when I had a vivid imagination for the villain character to be like a dark magic villain person like a few tv cartoon shows I have seen back in the days, especially when I was younger, I used to watch Winx Club and took some inspiration from the character Lord Dakar from the Winx Club on how he wanted to turn Bloom evil for his benefit to rule the magic dimension, and in my Season 2 Story of Super Wolf Girl, Carmichael had feelings for the MC named Terronica when he was good (but then he turned evil and still had feelings for her but wanted to corrupt Terronica aka Super Wolf Girl to be his lover and for him to rule Bluewood and the World), even though Terronica have feelings for someone else, even though she gets rejected by that person later on, but then I made Carmichael be the type of villain that wants to rule Bluewood and the World along with turning Terronica aka Super Wolf Girl evil so he could accomplish his goals, just like with Lord Dakar corrupting Bloom for him to rule the Magic Dimension in Season 2 of Winx Club and by the way Season 2 of Winx Club is my favorite season of that show. Also one time, I asked my younger brother to do a roast for my villain character Carmichael and his silly self said that why does my character Carmichael looks like the vampire off of Fright Night (the original not the remake) and I ended up busting out laughing at him :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy: even though that’s not what I based Carmichael off of.

If you don't know the vampire off of Fright Night here he is, but be warned that it may scare or creep out some people, Sorry about that

download (1)
download

The Vampire from Fright Night’s name is Jerry Dandrige. But anyways, some tips or tricks to help authors who are writing their own villains for the first time is I would take some inspiration from maybe books, tv shows, youtube, or movies to see what would be best to write a villain and what not to do for writing a villain character. Another tip is when writing a villain character, you need to understand what type of villain you’re writing, their motivation, their backstory, and it’s okay for the villain to be defeatable, but make some instances where they are undefeatable too, then later on the hero or protagonist can defeat them. And last but not least, make the villain unique to your liking. The types and kinds of villains I like to write is the ones who want to rule the World or destroy it, or the type of villains who wants to go against anyone that gets in their way especially the MC, and I also like to write villains who are power hungry, and the types of villains who commit crimes and things but then instant karma comes their way.

3 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :grinning:

Woah, long to read! Lol. I love it. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah, sorry about the long comment but I just wanted to talk about villains here due to the post being called “Let’s Talk About Villains”, but thanks for loving it though :smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

With my stories, my villains are either a hit or miss. Sometimes I write really interesting villains, for example, one of my villains (not in an Episode story atm, may write it in the future) is a vampire (yeah, I know, there are tons of vampire stories but I tried to make it really cool)from the 1700s who changes her identity every 30 years or so so no one recognises her. Each person she impersonates has their own unique personality, but inside she’s still the same malicious creature. The vampire herself is interesting too. She grew up in the 18th century and as a human she was so innocent and humble, then she completely shifts when she turns. Her vampire self is cunning and manipulative, but in a really fun and humorous way.

However, for some reason with my episode stories, when I looked back I realised both my villains don’t really have a motive. In my first story, the villain is the sun and the moon who have come down to Earth. She creates this game where she invites people to a mansion and keeps them there until they figure it out. She says she’s trying to help people but looking back, she didn’t actually do anything. Then at the end, one character asks what the point was and she just says ‘maybe there is no point to anything’. Little me thought that was wise or smth but it just makes me laugh now.
With my latest story, the villain was being manipulated by his overbearing father, so that makes sense I guess. But I still don’t know why the father’s so power-hungry.

I don’t know if my villains are worse in Episode because I used to read it as a kid where motives didn’t really matter, or if I struggle putting motives into a script. But I’m wondering if anyone has the same issue; in stories I just plan out, my villains are great. But when I’m writing scripts and sharing them, they don’t make much sense. Hmm

3 Likes

Lol. all good! Feel free to share your thoughts! :star_struck:

1 Like

I personally enjoy writing villains. So much that my current story has a villain as the MC/protagonist. But to be fair, it’s based on Macbeth, which also has a villain protagonist. I think that to write a good villain, you need to know them. Know who they are, know their motivations, and sometimes, know their ending.

I’ll give an example (without spoilers.) The MC of my story, Deadly Nightshade, Angelina Thornton. She’s a woman motivated purely by her greed, her thirst for power and wealth. But her greed is driven by her dark past. She’s ambitious and cruel because she doesn’t wanna go through what she went through again, and even hurts others in her quest for power. She starts off as somewhat innocent, then slowly spirals and darkens over the course of the story. This could be due to the antagonist haunting her, but this could also be due to her revealing more of her true nature as she gets more power in life. At some point, Angelina fully accepts the darkness inside of her. She becomes a complete villain. Whether you side with her or not, that’s up to you.

1 Like

Nice!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I think it’s always great to have a villain in an Episode story and I’ve put in villains in my stories as well. In my story Chronicles of a Texas Ranger, there’s a villain for each episode starting with Episode 9. In the first eight episodes, they have the same main villain, but that changes with the ninth episode.

In another one of my stories, O Son Where Art Thou, the main villain is a man that illegally adopts the MC’s son, and he turns out to treat the son and his mother (the LI) very badly.

Now, I never would make say the LI be a villain because to me, the LI should be one of the good guys. Now, I may at some point create a story with a villain MC and exceptionally speaking, the LI could be a villain as well, but if the MC isn’t a villain, the LI shouldn’t be as well.

Normally, any villain in my stories typically loses in the end, unless it redeems itself or if it’s a villain MC. Since I mentioned it, I’m actually quite inspired to create a story with a villain MC.

1 Like

Hm, that’s very interesting. Nice.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.