Manna's Help Thread: For coding, directing and more

Hi @Manna
I have a couple of questions:
How do I upload cover art as a background?

In various stories, I’ve seen mannequins with no faces- I got that bit down, but I’ve seen a couple that have a skin color of plain white, and not like neutral or rose etc. I’m aware that there’s ‘silhouette black’, which I’ve been using, but it’s not really what I want. When I go to customize the mannequin, there is no plain white skin color available.

Also, how would I get my the title of my story to fade in? Would I have to make it an overlay, and if so, how? I’m like a complete beginner at this, so please excuse these questions if the answer is obvious.

What are some good background transitions? So far, I’ve only been using:
@transition fade <in/out>
But I’ve seen a lot of other ones used that look really cool.

Thanks.

Hello @_haruka
To upload your cover as a background first make sure your cover is 640px in width and 1135px in height. Then go to the art catalogue on the top blue bar. You will see a background option and below it will be a drop down menu which will have two options, one says ‘available for all stories’ and one will say ‘uploaded to your account’. Just click on the ‘uploaded to your account’ option and you can upload your cover.

Well, firstly which style are you using? I am guessing it is Limelight but I just want to confirm. Unfortunately only INK has white skintone. For Limelight I suggest you can go with the lightest color available, which I believe can be the Neutral 00. I know it isn’t white but that’s the best you can use for now.

For your title to be able to fade, you will require to turn it into an overlay. Now I use an easy app to turn images into PNG format. I use an android phone and the app is called Eraser. You can erase the background around it so that it is transparent and only the title is seen. To fade in you will have to use the code:
@overlay OVERLAYNAME opacity 1 in 3
(opacity 1 means the overlay is completely visible and opacity 0 means the overlay isn’t visible but it exists on the screen) 3 is the number of seconds you want to fade it in.

So there are 4 background transitions. Fade, iris, curtain and shade.
These are the directions for them.
For fade: (in, out)
For iris: (in, out)
For shade (up, down)
For curtain (in_left, out_left, in_right, out_right, in_top, out_top, in_bottom, out_bottom)

And these are the list of colors your can use:
white, yellow, blue, green, red, magenta, black (default color), orange, grey

@Manna thanks so much! You’ve been such a help. It’s weird though, because I’ve played a limelight story that had a completely white skin colour. Oh, and sorry about this, but would you mind writing out the code for using those background transitions as I’m still a little confused?

Solved and closed. Thanks!