do you review unpublished stories?

1 Like

I would love for you to read my story.

Title: Beauty School Secrets
Genre: Adventure
Author Name: Maree
and
Description:
Dare to read about all the secrets that lie at Spring Hill College. Discover hidden clues and solve mysteries on the college campus. The real question is, "Can you keep a secret?

Its a satire

Title: The Bucket List [LIMELIGHT]
Author : Sophie M.
Description : Noa is an ambitious girl from a small island, Asher is a cocky guy from New Yorkā€¦ What happens when their worlds collide and they need each other?
Genre : Rom-Com
Style : Limelight
Special : I took a lot of time on directing this story and making sure everything is perfect! Also thereā€™s full customization and your choices matter!
Chapters : 4 and going
Link : http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6641738027565056
couple-take-selfie-photo-beach-sea-shore_48369-5086-4

I would really appreciate if you gave my story a chance! I put in a lot of work to write it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes ofcourse :blush:

1 Like

Please read carefully and fill all the requirements

Can you actually hold off on reviewing it for about a week?

1 Like

Probably since the waiting is long anyways

1 Like

Okay, thanks :two_hearts: :two_hearts:

1 Like
  • promising beginning
  • diversity
  • good coding
  • good backgrounds
  • cliffhanger

But oh boyā€¦

Summary
  • no CC or choices -> add at least 3 choices per chapter
  • the chapter is too short -> way too short -> i recommend you to have at least 1600 lines or 13-15 minutes of reading
  • nothing significant happens -> just from the bed to club to the streets -> i learned nothing about the MC
  • no intro/outro -> add your signature beginning or ending
  • there is no reason to continue reading -> yes there is a cliffhanger but itā€™s not enough cause the readers will never be interested enough in such a short time with nothingness

I can recommend you to add a real body to the story by having some true dialouges with the side characters so the reader could learn about the MC

• for ex let her talk with her boss, ex lover or a co-worker, let them say things like - youā€™re a good dancer butā€¦ or ā€¦ you canā€™t continue ditching menā€¦ orā€¦ why youā€™re so coldā€¦
  • add choices, maybe CC, what ever to make the chapter longer

Also, never publish anything without having a proofreader or two. After that a beta reader or two. This ensures the strong beginning and no mistakes what so ever.

1 Like

Nice

• proper intro
  • good beginning
  • good coding
  • choices
  • male mc?
  • good usage of overlays
  • good backgrounds
  • nice lenght
  • diversity
  • nice cover
  • cliffhanger
  • nice outro

Summary

Somehow i wish that his dad was a bit more angry or disappointed with him for having a house party.

• Confusing MC part -> there was so many characters coming in that at first i was confused whoā€™s the MC,
    I also wish there was a CC of the MC so there is no second thoughts who is it

Overall itā€™s a good story and iā€™ll recommend it on my IG @episode.merlin

1 Like

I hear you on that and will try to work on it! Thank you so for your time, it means a lot to me :revolving_hearts:

1 Like
Summary

I forgot about the description. Itā€™s kind of confusing too, does it have a spelling error? When an old diary discovers in hisā€¦ is it ā€œdiscoveredā€ instead? :blush:

1 Like

I was actually hoping someone would proofread that for me so Iā€™m really glad you brought that upšŸ˜† I wasnā€™t really sure whether to use present tense or past tense but since it confuses people, I would definitely change that haha! I love how youā€™ve been really helpful!

1 Like

Cool

• amazing cover
  • good directing
  • good coding
  • nice story idea
  • CC
  • choices
  • diversity
  • good lenght
  • nice background
  • good usage of overlays
  • cliffhanger
  • proper outro

Summary

I wish the CC of the LI would be at the point where the readers actually meet him. We never know how our love looks like before meeting them :blush: adds some mystery to the fantasy.

Overall itā€™s a good story. Iā€™ll deginitely recommend it on IG @episode.merlin

1 Like
  • CC
  • choices
  • nice backgrounds
  • good coding
  • nice backgrounds
  • good cover

Buuuuutā€¦

Summary
  • bombarting readers with 5 peopleā€™s CC at once -> a big no no -> i recommend CC only the MC and the LI -> parents and sister are automatically CCā€™d with a right CC template -> seach for the CC template with family member automatic CC so the skin color remains same with all.

Additional option is to add their CC when the 
      reader is actually going to meet them -> works 
      miracles with the LI

• long narrator texts -> avoid these by making them shorter or give the information in them through the dialouges and animations between the chracters

• the chapter is kind of long and nothing significant really happens -> the first chapter is the most important one, itā€™s made to impress and make people wanna read more -> readers really donā€™t wanna wait the juicy stuff happen somewhere in chapter unknown, they wanna taste it right away, so itā€™s up to the writer to have the readers taste some of the good stuff but definitely not all of it.

• at the moment it has a weak cliffhanger so it leads to little reason to continue reading -> add something more dramatic to the ending -> something more than the LI checking her out (for ex. make him say something unexpected)

Overall the story has a great potentsial, keep working on it!

1 Like

Thank you so much! :heartbeat:

1 Like

Hi, thanks for this! I would love if you could review my story. Feel free to take your time! XOXO

• Story title-- Squad: The Dragons Eight
  • Genre-- Fantasy
  • Story descriptionā€“
    A civilization overrun with darkness. A dragon heir, powerless and alone. The fate of the Winged Empire is in the hands of eight misfitsā€¦
    ā€¦ What can go wrong?
  • Your Instagram @-- Donā€™t have one :frowning:
  • Your Episode user-- Smile XD
  • Story coverā€“
  • Link to your story-- http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5864298053304320
1 Like

Hey I was wondering if you could proofread/give your opinion on the first chapter of my story for the reveal contest! I donā€™t want to put the link because itā€™s for the contest! Also the story outro is not complete yet! Could I pm the information?:two_hearts:

1 Like