My nerves are getting in the way

Hi All,

have finished my first chapter with no mistakes but have been sitting on it for a few weeks now, afraid to publish. Any thoughts and advice from those that have published their stuff would be appreciated.

Thanks.x

1 Like

If you want I can look over your story and give you a review? If it’ll will make you feel better and confident about your story :slight_smile:

Just click the button. The nerves go away once you do.

1 Like

Typically what I do and other writers do is we request reviews on our stories before publishing, we have someone critique it and fix whatever is necessary.

Thanks a lot will think about it, am such a coward! It took months to write it. Did you all feel this way too?

2 Likes

me, im still getting my new story together but your not a coward darling, don’t ever say that you to yourself. Sure I feel like im just lazy to publish or something else that is on my mind or something keeps me busy all the time from publishing.

Always feel confident of your story, take a deep breathe if you want, check your work over to see if any mistakes or errors, get a review, then click that publish button and BOOM, your story is out and that’s a good thing.

2 Likes

Thank you all! I feel much better, I didn’t even think anyone would reply to my silly question.x

It’s completely normal. I have like 7 complete stories now and I still get nervous every time I publish something new :rofl:
I have 6 chapters for my next story ready to go and I’m already terrified lol even though I don’t plan on publishing until like February.

1 Like

It’s like taking an exam.:rofl:

It’s always nerve racking when you’re trying something new because you’re hopeful for a positive outcome. I think writing it and completing it was the first step. But once you publish it, you’ll realize, hey I actually did it and I’m proud of myself.

I think after I finally clicked that publish button, I was worried about people reading it and liking it :sweat_smile: so I’d say don’t feel nervous and go for it.

And once you publish it, let me know and I’ll give it a read and some feedback :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ll appreciate that!

1 Like

Of course :star_struck: whoop whoop it’s about to be a publishing partyyyyyy :partying_face:

1 Like

:crossed_fingers:t5:

1 Like

Have you finished the first three episodes?

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t fit into any Creator’s Corner category. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink: