No creativity from Episode

Does any one remember the story “In My Bed”?
If you do, don’t read “My First Everything”. It’s literally the same story with just a few very minor changes. The same plot. The same idea. Just characters with different looks and love interests.

6 Likes

Yeah, I read it and noticed the similarities. They only added a Lesbian option and changed some of the characters looks and removed the pool scene. :roll_eyes: That’s it. Sad part is, it’s supposed to replace “My First Kiss” which is a WAY better story.

2 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is related to Episode. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

Wait wait wait what? What’s happening to My First Kiss then?

I miss when featured stories were worth reading

2 Likes

Pretty sure it’s supposed to replace “…In My Bed”, as it is literally the same story toned down to not break any obvious guidelines. Sadly, “My First Kiss” is not a featured story anymore, but at least it was during the time it was being released (cough cough unlike “Instant Princess” cough cough), so it’s not as bad.

4 Likes

It still exists but you can’t get gems/diamonds from it anymore

1 Like

Yeah, what happened to stories with actual plot? I’d swear all I see are Bad Boy tropes and Secret Princess nowadays. But stories where they make YOU the narrator honestly are the most cliche and shallow stories of all time.

3 Likes

Very true
I dont even bother to look at trending stories

I just read the first episode and it seems that apart from the obvious improvements in scripting, Episode hasnt learned anything about character development, cliches or copying plots. This rant will be continued tomorrow since its about 28 degrees here in Virginia and this winter storm isnt going to let up until morning.

2 Likes

They need to get Joseph Evans onto writing Episode official stories again. I wholeheartedly believe he actually makes good stories. If you follow him on instagram he showed a sneak peak of a story he was working on but the episode team were basically like “nah the people don’t want a male lead story with actual indepth story” This is just my interpretation of the Episode team and I’m salty lol

heres a link to what I’m talking about

3 Likes

This is probably a little off topic, hence why I’m blurring, but is Joseph Evans not allowed to create non-featured stories or something? Because, other than the licensing issue he mentioned in that post, couldn’t he still make a Male MC user story? Does it matter whether or not Episode promotes it?

2 Likes

That’s a good point but I honestly have no idea why.
I kind of feel like it has to with being him wanting to be paid for his efforts but I don’t want to jump to that conclusion

2 Likes

@Atreus
Joseph Evans’ stories were the best ever. Even the Classic stories were better. The directing was simpler, but who could have gotten the plots better than HUNTED, SLEEPERS, or even DEATH BY ESPRESSO? I was seriously invested in those stories.

As for male MCS not being “attractive”, one of my future stories will have a male MC. Rather than him trying to seduce all the girls in Mayern High (the story’s school), it would be him navigating life from 9-12 as a half-Mexican, half-White boy who discovers his crush has the same (deceased) mother has him.

Already, that sounds like a better plot.

1 Like

I looked that story up but didn’t see it ?