Overlay and Walk happen at same time

Hello! I’m trying to get a character to walk to a certain spot while holding the BOXES overlay but I can’t seem to make it happen at the same time.

Script:

@CHAR walks to spot 0.506 205 258 in zone 2 in 2 AND CHAR does it while walk_box_neutral_loop
&overlay BOXES shifts to 178 167 in zone 2 in 2
&overlay BOXES scales to 0.226 0.226

There’s a box prop on episode

1 Like

It’s been a while since I last coded but I think if you switch the overlays and animation it should work. So like this
&overlay BOXES shifts to 178 167 in zone 2 in 2
&overlay BOXES scales to 0.226 0.226
@CHAR walks to spot 0.506 205 258 in zone 2 in 2 AND CHAR is walk_box_neutral_loop

3 Likes

Try this:

&overlay BOXES shifts to 178 167 in zone 2 in 2 AND overlay BOXES scales to 0.226 0.226 in 2
@CHAR walks to spot 0.506 205 258 in zone 2 in 2 AND CHAR does it while walk_box_neutral_loop

1 Like

Good night @DodsonEpi

Here is link

This link makes your character walk at the same time by character side. @DodsonEpi

3 Likes

Thanks

you’re welcome :innocent:

@CHARACTER walks to spot 0.506 205 258 in zone 2 in 2 AND CHAR is walk_box_neutral_loop and overlay BOXES shifts to 178 167 in zone 2 in 2 and overlay BOXES scales to 0.226 0.226 then CHARACTER starts idle_box_carry_neutral_loop

The @ will stop any other action from occurring until after the character walks to the spot with the boxes. I added the then CHARACTER starts idle_box_carry_neutral_loop just to give the character an animation for when they stop walking so they don’t just look blank lol. If your character does an action afterwards, erase this part.

If you want other stuff to be happening while your character walks (like another character talking) , use &. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @DodsonEpi, I’ve moved your topic over to Directing Help & Tips. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.