Overlay animation loop error? How to fix?

Hello,
I’m new to looping overlays and need some help. I’ve created an overlay and background. What I want to show is the time on a clock blinking. I know I can do this with changing its opacity to 0 then 1 then 0 again, but I can’t seem to loop it. The error says, “Loop command can only be used with Overlay Animation commands”. What does this mean? Here is the looping code:

&overlay KYLEBEDROOMTIMEDOORNIGHT opacity 0 in 0 THEN pause for .5 THEN overlay KYLEBEDROOMTIMEDOORNIGHT opacity 1 in 0 THEN pause for 1 loop infinite times

What is wrong with this code? Or is it I just can’t use the loop command with just opacity commands? What do you recommend I do if that’s the case? Thanks!

Someone else correct me if I’m wrong but I know you can’t add pauses in like that :thinking:

Try &overlay KYLEBEDROOMTIMEDOORNIGHT opacity 0 in 0 then overlay KYLEBEDROOMTIMEDOORNIGHT opacity 1 in 0.5 loop INFINITE times

OMG Thank you. I’m new to looping overlays. The following code worked:

&overlay KYLEBEDROOMTIMEDOORNIGHT opacity 0 in 0 THEN overlay KYLEBEDROOMTIMEDOORNIGHT opacity 0 in .5 THEN overlay KYLEBEDROOMTIMEDOORNIGHT opacity 1 in 0 THEN overlay KYLEBEDROOMTIMEDOORNIGHT opacity 1 in .5 loop INFINITE times

2 Likes